Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: webley tracker help

webley tracker help

hello all
    i have a tracker delux carbine and had it throught the chrono today and its only putting out 9.5
    i was wondering if a new spring would up the power a bit and if anyone had any hints on how to change the spring
    thanks
    wayne

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Hi Wayne, have had several Trackers over the years (wouldn't mind another one actually, as they are a bit of fun ), and 10.5ft.lb is the best I ever experienced, usually 10ft.lb, so at 9.5ft.lb, I'd leave well alone, as it is not worth the re-springing hassle involved for an extra half of 1ft.lb of power. Therefore, imho, enjoy it for pleasure plinking as is (just my take on it ). Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post

Hi Wayne, have had several Trackers over the years (wouldn't mind another one actually, as they are a bit of fun ).
    ... So much so have just added one to my signature wish list ... I know, I know, I am beyond hope.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Zatnikatel is offline He's coming in. I feel safer already
    Sacrilege I know but I put a gasram in mine and it made the gun quite a bit nicer to shoot. Not everyone thinks they're any better than a mainspring though so don't take my word for it.

As Gareth said, nice little guns and a lot of fun

atb, Glyn

Quote Originally Posted by Zatnikatel View Post

Sacrilege I know but I put a gasram in mine and it made the gun quite a bit nicer to shoot. Not everyone thinks they're any better than a mainspring though so don't take my word for it.

As Gareth said, nice little guns and a lot of fun

atb, Glyn
    Hi. Yes, a gas ram will defo make it sing closer to 11.5ft.lb, but rams are an acquired taste due to the extra recoil they create. I have a Theoben Evolution among my many, that I am very fond of shooting, so rammers are a taste I have developed, but to anyone thinking of going this route, do try one before you buy one, as the rams themselves are quite expensive, and you don't want to learn the hard way that they are not for you . Atb: G.

... So much so have just added one to my signature wish list ... I know, I know, I am beyond hope.
    Thanks Gareth for the Deluxe you sold me a year or so ago!!!! Looks and shoots great. Great match for my other Tracker Deluxe in 0.177 and the other beech stocked 22!! One Tracker is never enough but 3 just about does it!

Hi. Yes, a gas ram will defo make it sing closer to 11.5ft.lb, but rams are an acquired taste due to the extra recoil they create. I have a Theoben Evolution among my many, that I am very fond of shooting, so rammers are a taste I have developed, but to anyone thinking of going this route, do try one before you buy one, as the rams themselves are quite expensive, and you don't want to learn the hard way that they are not for you . Atb: G.
    And the 177 i have is noticably harder to cock than the 22s so getting one up to 11-12 ft/lb may well leave an impression on your hard when you cock! I agree with Gareth, I would leave it where it is. But I detest gas rams in any case. Your choice of course.

Just my personal experience but but I had a gas ram fitted tracker and it was like shooting a spud gun with a kick like a mule.

I replaced it with a standard spring and its much better.
    Morally flawed

my tracker

hi chaps,

Im currently selling mine I fitted a gas ram after a couple of years, the cocking is initially harder compared to a spring which gets harder later on in the cocking stroke.

It certainly removes the twang of the spring which i notice in most springers i shoot these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
    Just my personal experience but but I had a gas ram fitted tracker and it was like shooting a spud gun with a kick like a mule.

Wonderfully expressed! Exactly my experience!

Zatnikatel is offline He's coming in. I feel safer already
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post

Mine was the same at first, then I took it apart and gave the internals a good clean, polish and lube and that made it much smoother. I can shoot better groups with it than I ever could when it had a spring fitted (not that that's saying much ).

Gasrams aren't for everyone, personally I like their 'snap' and find it much easier to get to grips with a gasram gun than a spring one. Horses for courses I guess

atb, Glyn

thanks for the replys guys
    thought of a gas ram but there quite expensive
    think i better leave well alone then
    thanks
    wayne

Tracker

Mine puts out a steady 9.8 ft.lbs with Bisley Magnums. This is strange as I thought springers were supposed to be better with a lightweight pellet. AA fields were well down and inconsistant.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDuncs View Post
    Thanks Gareth for the Deluxe you sold me a year or so ago!!!! Looks and shoots great. Great match for my other Tracker Deluxe in 0.177 and the other beech stocked 22!! One Tracker is never enough but 3 just about does it!
    Yep, one of me treasures that I moved on during my seven months without work . Still, it paid for a weeks groceries for me, the wife, and the kids, so was well sold. But now I'm earning a few quid again, can I have it back please ??? Ha ha. Hi Duncan, glad you are still enjoying it, and am equally as glad it has gone to such a good home ... Think I've found another one now anyway, just following up the p-m as we speak . Atb m8: G.

i got 11ft.lbs. from the .22 tracker i had,had a new seal and spring in,polished the cylinder and piston,piston liner fitted and a better spring guide iirc...shot quite nicely too.