A MK5 Meteor turned up and I was wondering what to do with it (I should stop buying guns as I will have to move house this year). I have been toying with the idea of leaving the buffer out of a Meteor and hoping someone could turn me up a piston head rather than alter an existing one. Anyway on stripping the Mk5 I noticed it had the piston head held with the circlip rather than the "keyhole" type piston and it got me thinking. I left the buffer off the head and put it on the piston, then thought "Right, I just need a few washers on the inside off the piston on the spigot to make up the width of the buffer and refit the circlip". Not having enough of the right sized washers, I decided to open up the hole on a tap washer, fit that on the spigot, on the inside of the piston, fit 1 washer and then the circlip. I would have preferred a solid washer but reasoned like this----It probably doesnt matter where the buffer is too much for buffering purposes. If the buffer is on the inside of the piston, then I have the benefit of the increased swept volume in front of the piston head, the mainspring is under the same amount of tension when fitted and I still have a buffer washer in the gun. Not tried the gun yet and dont have a chrono but-----Is this theory right or wrong. Get thinking