Thread: Fitting Jackal Mag?

Fitting Jackal Mag & Harris Bipod??

How does one go about fitting a Jackal Dummy Mag? I see the mag has 2x screw thread holes but cant see how you get to them fixing to Stock. Any ideas?
    Last edited by karbonk; 16-01-2010 at 01:10 PM.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Take stock off action, drill two holes (right size and in the right place where you want the mag to go), and mount mag with screw heads inside the stock. Reunite with action, and Bob is yer cross-dressing aunty.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post

Take stock off action, drill two holes (right size and in the right place where you want the mag to go), and mount mag with screw heads inside the stock. Reunite with action, and Bob is yer cross-dressing aunty.
    ... Ps. Got a brand new one of those slings we were talkinng about the other day going spare if interested. If you are, p-m me.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Fitting Harris Bipod??

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    ... Ps. Got a brand new one of those slings we were talkinng about the other day going spare if interested. If you are, p-m me.
    Thanks Gareth I will take it apart today I try and fit.

On another note, I have a Harris style Bipod to fit too, but under the barrel there is a slot in the plastic. Any idea how to fit one as the fixings would normally fit to the underneath?
    Last edited by karbonk; 16-01-2010 at 01:11 PM.

Jackal

Sounds like you found one of those very scarce to find Dummy Mags ! If fitting to a Jackal action that never had one fitted - only a few variants ever had them fitted ... as prev poster suggests , line up and mark before drilling .The original used self tapping screws but if really nimble some no.8 size nut and bolts could be used .
    If fitting a bipod , make use of the hollow stock 'slots' that you note - no need to drill anything , and use a hollow stock bolt as supplied with some Swivel Sets as standard ( a larger washer will help spread the load better ).
    Use the long slot and before tightening all up slide the bolt back and forth a bit with whatever bipod base fitted on to get a perfect fit . I had a Ramsbottoms unit which was superb .
    " WHEN YOU'RE GOING TO SHOOT - SHOOT , DON'T TALK ! "

Quote Originally Posted by Arch.Stanton? View Post
    Sounds like you found one of those very scarce to find Dummy Mags ! If fitting to a Jackal action that never had one fitted - only a few variants ever had them fitted ... as prev poster suggests , line up and mark before drilling .The original used self tapping screws but if really nimble some no.8 size nut and bolts could be used .
    If fitting a bipod , make use of the hollow stock 'slots' that you note - no need to drill anything , and use a hollow stock bolt as supplied with some Swivel Sets as standard ( a larger washer will help spread the load better ).
    Use the long slot and before tightening all up slide the bolt back and forth a bit with whatever bipod base fitted on to get a perfect fit . I had a Ramsbottoms unit which was superb .
    Brilliant thanks for that. I did think of just using the slot and putting something the other side to hold it but wasnt sure if there was another way that was better & done before. Cheers again.

Right... Well all fitted and was easier than I though. I took the action off the stock and prepared to fit the Mag. I found under the sticker there was 2x factory holes already present, so saved me a job. I measured the required length of the screws needed and fitted. Job done.
    The action was off so took the chance to fit the Bipod, which took a little modifying but happy with the results.

Thanks all for the help.

Karbonk...how about a pic? I seem to have a collection of pictures of mine and other peoples (mostly Pad E) Jackals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulverston View Post
    Karbonk...how about a pic? I seem to have a collection of pictures of mine and other peoples (mostly Pad E) Jackals.
    One for you Ulverston:
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=427918

Cheers Karbonk!
    Jackals are amazing, Ive had a few and sold them...still got the pics somewhere. I seem to remember talk of some sort of comeback for them? Or maybe its wishfull thinking!

Cheers Karbonk!
    Jackals are amazing, Ive had a few and sold them...still got the pics somewhere. I seem to remember talk of some sort of comeback for them? Or maybe its wishfull thinking!
    I think that was down to me, because I keep posting about them & bring them out to the HFT competitions

They do stand out about compared to the brown woodstock air rifles , but sadly not very PC. However that doesn't bother me
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Cheers Karbonk!

No problem. As Pad.E said below its the reasons why I love them so much as they are one of a kind style and nothing comes close compared to the standard woodstocks. They seem to be a great investment too, they wont loose money if kept well and can only think they will appreciate in time.

Seriously good airgun

What with the barrel being ex Hammerli originally , and the design - a short cylinder and spring given near full power with no tuning needed . Just the deafening 'boink ' created by that hollow stock put me off - thats why I liked the woodstock version
    Did take off the butt pad off my plastic stocked one once - the hollow shoulder stock space had allsorts of rubbish stuffed in there by a prev owner , possibly to create some sort of sound deadening
    " WHEN YOU'RE GOING TO SHOOT - SHOOT , DON'T TALK ! "