Thread: Chris Evans

Chris Evans

Every Wednesday Chris Evans and Johnny Saunders will be partaking in some sporting challenge, and the winner will be announced on Friday's show. They'll be keeping score of each week's winner over the year.
    After introducing the item (which this week was tennis, including a short game in the service boxes, a full-sized game and a serving competition which Saunders won 2-1), they said they wanted to try new sports all year. Invite them and they would come. They seemed especially keen to try Archery (i.e. open to target sports?).

Someone in the London area needs to get him down to their club.
    Getting one of the UK's biggest DJs to thank the members of a rifle club for their hospitality on one of the country's most popular shows is a bit of positive publicity that money simply cannot buy.
    I'd offer and all, but I doubt he wants to trek up to Rugeley after doing the morning show, needs to be someone in the London area or someone at Bisley.

A TR shoot, an AP shoot and an LSR polo shoot? Would provide a good morning's sport for them if the club has facilities for all 3.

I know it's midweek when people have jobs, but in the current economic climate, I refuse to believe there is not a London club without an unemployed/retired/self-employed member to open up one Wednesday.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud
    Shooting is my meditation

Bisley would be the best shot i'd say...

Presumably the NSC got their act together first. On Wednesday they did Clays with George Digweed and fullbore rifle with Parag Patel at Bisley.
    Sadly noone from the NSRA or anywhere else got their act together to get some .22 or air in there.
    A bit of air pistol in the Lord Roberts would have given them the full house of rifle, pistol and shotgun, as well as both air and powder.

Video is now up, I won't tell you who won .
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

What a SUPERB bit of publicity for shooting.

No hype, no stupid theatrics, just Bisley in the snow. It doesn't get better than that.

But tell me, what whas Evans wearing. A multimilionaire and he doesn't have a coat that fits!!!!

Oh, and typical NSRA to miss the boat

Well, it's easy to knock them, but it could have been filming constraints or any number of other things. You'd need at least an hour per discipline, plus travel time in and out of London, so it depends how long Chris and Jonny had to shoot, and how long the film crew were available for.

That said, you'd have thought it would make sense for them to do the trio, and also have a chance to warm up post-rifle and shotgun in an indoor air range

Well if Chris Evans can hit some clays there is still hope for me
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

I thought it was a good promotion for the sport. The pink gun Chris Evans was shooting was Hilarious!

Having spoken to Heather, owner of said pink rifle. They only just had enough time to do what they did. The film crew didn't get to leave at the end of the shooting. There was quite a bit more background filming that they had to do after Chris and Johnny left, all the shots in the butts for example were done later. Pro film making takes for ever, and a whole day on location may only get you three minutes on TV when filming drama.

Alan