Thread: Clubs in Surrey

Clubs in Surrey

Hi all,

I'm looking to join an active club in Surrey (I live in Leatherhead). I'm a member at Bookham, but they don't have any Black Powder shooting. I'm wanting to shoot mainly single shot pistol - but might be interested in a revolver or rifle/musket/shotgun at a later date.

Anyone shoot at Gally Hill? I might pop in there for a look round over the weekend - but are there any other recommendations. I've got spaces on my FAC for a .45 and a .44 pistol at the minute.

Cheers
    McT

WE are a small club - shoot only at Bisley - we have Gallery Rifle, Target Rifle & also BP pistol 25 & 50 m & also shoot a little BP rifle (usually on the same days we shoot Target Rifle - 100m & 200m

There are a few clubs at Bisley will do the same for you - have a look on the NRA website

Cheers

Roy

Last edited by harricook; 15-01-2010 at 07:54 PM.

Join the NRA, Bisley isn't far from you. Or the BBSNRPC who shoot there.

Gally Hill have superb facilities and they are nice chaps. You'll have to do the probationary training in different disciplines before you get to shoot whatever you like (or so I've been told).

If you dont mind a 20 minute drive try my club,Aldershot Rifle and Pistol club situated in Badshot Lee.
    We have indoor 25 metre and out door 50 and 100 yards.
    Blackpowder no problem.
    Its a very active club with a full shooting calender including monthly Bisley events.
    HTH
    Tony

Thanks folks,

Went to Gally Hill as a guest this weekend - superb facilities, nice bunch of people, ten minutes door to door, what more could you want....

So assuming they re-open their membership (lot of people queueing currently) I'll be signing up there.

Cheers
    McT

Hi McT,

I think I may have spoken to you when you where having a look around.
    I was one of the guys out side - shooting turning targets with an underlever rifle. Was it you?

Any how. Just wanted to say that if you already have an FAC, which it appears you do, membership should not be a problem. Although its un-official: if you have an FAC already you will find that joining will be a fairly straight forward excerise. The waiting list is more for first time, non FAC holders.

If you are already a member of a club that is home office approved. Then it will be even easier. The man to speak to is Rick Borett as he is the membership sec. Make sure you make those two points clear!! Home office approved existing membership and current valid FAC!

Hope that helps! And see you soon!!

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by AD_K View Post

If you are already a member of a club that is home office approved. Then it will be even easier. The man to speak to is Rick Borett as he is the membership sec. Make sure you make those two points clear!! Home office approved existing membership and current valid FAC!
    And don't make jokes asking where his war axe is or if Frodo is a member

Cobham

One of the best kept secrets in shooting in Surrey is Cobham R&P Club. It's not easy to find and I think they only shoot on Saturday mornings these days. From the roundabout on the A3 head towards Cobham, go over the Sainsbury's roundabout and bear left towards Esher. After about half a mile you come to a pub on the RHS. Opposite there is a lane onto the common. First gate on the left finds the range. They shoot gallery rifle and black powder and probably other things. Give 'em a whirl.

Thanks all,

Adam - no it wasn't me you met. I saw the carbine crowd shooting outside as I was leaving, but I spent my time on the indoor 25m shooting my free pistol.

Majex45 - Cobham still exists!!! I was member there back in the early 90s. Blimey... Those were the days COLT 10mm was my pratical toy, S&W 586 my PP1 gun and a model 29 to make my day Ahh.... I feel so much safer now they have all been crushed.

Cheers
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by McTrucky View Post
    Thanks folks,

Went to Gally Hill as a guest this weekend - superb facilities, nice bunch of people, ten minutes door to door, what more could you want....

So assuming they re-open their membership (lot of people queueing currently) I'll be signing up there.

Cheers
    McT
    I'm on their waiting list. been told 6 months

Memories...memories

Quote Originally Posted by McTrucky View Post
    Thanks all,

Adam - no it wasn't me you met. I saw the carbine crowd shooting outside as I was leaving, but I spent my time on the indoor 25m shooting my free pistol.

Majex45 - Cobham still exists!!! I was member there back in the early 90s. Blimey... Those were the days COLT 10mm was my pratical toy, S&W 586 my PP1 gun and a model 29 to make my day Ahh.... I feel so much safer now they have all been crushed.

Cheers
    Alan
    Ah yes, I remember the great days at Cobham. The range was so popular that we had to alternate shooting types, one week practical the next PP and the third deliberate.
    I started the mid-winter invitational police pistol shoot and we used to get about 30 to 40 entrants for one days shooting (sometimes in the snow).
    But the great thing at Cobham was always practical. We arranged a trip to Newcastle to do the Dunkley course - great days.
    Cobham still do practical lever action and 22 SLR. I went back there about three month's back, just to visit and it was a great morning's shooting. Firing at plates through barricades and round wallls.
    Unfortunately brain-fade ruined my scores, but the buzz was back. If I didn't live so far away, I'd be back there every week.
    Pop down, you might like it.