Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reflection...

Reflection...

Hi Chaps,
    I was wondering what your first air rifle was...I started shooting in 1978-80. Mine was a BSA Meteor followed by a Daisy 880 and then an air arms Jackal all in the space of 18 months. What I would like to know is how others progressed and what with? I also had a Supersport which I would like to own again...
    Did we all follow a similar route? Just wondering.
    Thanks chaps.

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    I used to use a really old .177 break barrel that my grandad had but I've no idea what it was, I then bought my first rifle which was an Airsporter.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

I had a Webley junior air rifle that my gandad bought for me, i accidentally shot my dad in the butt and never saw it again

it was quite a few years before i got another, strangely it was another Webley junior (which was taken from me again following another 'accident' )
    with age comes common sense (or to the layman- Savvie ), i've never shot anyone else since

as a youngster i never saw danger in anything i did, it's a wonder that i've managed to stay alive for over fifty years

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

As a kid Meteor then HW35 then HW77 then Greener GP

Diana Model 15 (1954), followed by Original Mod 35, then Webley Mk III, then Mk 1 airsporter, then ......

Neil

I had a 'slavia' ( I think if my memory serves me correct) and then progressed onto a BSA meteor which I used for a couple of years and enjoyed immensley and then graduated onto a webly mk 111

reflections

meteor super in 22 followed by an original 45 in 22. Bought a new Optima moonlighter to go with it. Bought some cheap mounts and the scope regularly would jump off. Never landed on the ground and developed my reactions fantastically ! Sold it five years and instantly regretted it. Found this site and got the collecting bug so bad it infected my nextdoor neighbour. Now have two forty year olds acting like sixteen year olds!

First airgun was a Gat pistol My first rifle was a baikal.
    Last edited by Hollowpoint; 16-01-2010 at 08:23 PM.
    hoplophobe

1st rifle was a Crossman 770 or 760, a plastic pump up job with awkward side loading port, after a few hunting trips it obvious that it wasn't going to bother any wild life, so my dad bought a second hand HW35 with a Nikko Sterling 4x28, I could just about cock it at 13!
    "This doll is extremely dangerous, it has voodoo qualities"

the good old days

my first airgun was my dads mk2 airsporter when i was 13 but i didn't have use of it for long as i shot a crow of my next door neighbours chimney and it fell in there fire place.oh to be young againbut my next airgun was the webley Vulcan which my dad bought i had for years but like so many i sold it and regretted it,
    if u live life on the edge then your taking up to much room

first gun

my first guns was a original 23 & a gat then next was a hw77k .

MojoCrow is offline It rubs the lotion on the anarchist ginger tom.....
    My first rifle was a second hand LG527 in .22 with a Hunter 4x20 scope. I've still got the rifle (on loan to an Uncle at the moment).

My first pistol wasn't, strictly speaking, mine but that wasn't how my then young boy of a mind saw it. A Diana mod.2, which is now definitely mine.
    Customised AA S400 Carbine
    Ros beef, go home! www.buxtedshootingclub.co.uk SiHFT winners 2008 2009 2010

My first rifle was a SLAVIA in 1970 at the age of 10 sadly the police took it off me after taking pot shots at a neighbours window, I then progressed to full bore pistols at 18.
    Now at 50 I am back to air rifles (25 in all mostly Webley and BSA)

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    First rifle was a Diana Mod 25 my dad borrowed from a mate at work when I was 8. I was threatened with dire consequences if he ever heard of me using it when he wasn't there. On my 11th birthday my dad asked me to "get that box for me from be'ind t' sofa will tha?" When I looked there was a long box with a picture of an air rifle on it. It was a new Webley Hawk MkII. Happiest kid in the world bar none!
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

keith66 is online now Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    First gun was a meteor super .22, got it for christmas aged 13, never forget opening that box! the gleaming stove enameled metalwork & beautifully grained beech stock, Seriously i loved that rifle & it served me proud for three years Then i bought an early FWB sport, i still have it.