Thread: Alecto - Fiting Red Dot Scope

Alecto - Fiting Red Dot Scope

Has anyone fitted a red dot scope to their Alecto? It looks like a weaver rail on top, but the mounts that come with Hawke red dots have a bolt going through that won't clear the gun. If you have fitted a red dot, what mount did you use?

An alternative would be to mount a laser to the lower rail. Anyone done this? What type?

The only problem with putting a red dot scope on is that the gun wouldn't fit in the box anymore.

Allecto Red Dot

Yep this is a hard one, being an old scrote I get three Lovely rear sight pictures,

I shoot with the middle one and hope for the best, I have mounted a red dot on my Allecto but one of the rather knobby ones with a TV type red tinted screen and four different sight pictures,

These are around 30 quid and uses a standard scope battery,

It will happily fit with the rear screw only and would need a 4 pound hammer to move it,

But being a pain in the Bum! I taped up 6 threads on the end of the front bolt and machined (Bodged) the threads off and a similar amount from the plain end,

Put into sight loosely remove rear bolt, fit onto the gun finger tighten front bolt that now fits and insert rear bolt and tighten to taste, Sorted!

If I may be so rude they are a $$%#^%$$!!@# to zero,

Shooting with your arms resting over a beanbag zero at ten yards to suit HFT and 6 metre shooting, shoot at target, (I use shoot n see stickers)

Yer sight comes with 3 allen keys 2 black (1spare) one thin silver,

The silver locks and unlocks yer adjusters,

Unlock, make corrections Lock, do this until your are a pistol sniper, Lock!

Thereyago! hope this helps, Ooops! forgot the case is easily modded to take this sight with ease.
    Last edited by ratgunner; 17-01-2010 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Forgot case mod

Thanks for that. Is the one you bought the Ramsbottom one?

I don't really understand what you did to the front bolt. Looking at the photo on the Ramsbottom #### shop I can see the front bolt is designed to fit in a slot like there is on the rail at the bottom of the gun.

It sounds like you are saying you don't need the front bolt. I wonder why they don't just make the front and back of the mount the same?

I could always cut a slot in the gun

Proper Weaver mounts are designed so that a cross-bolt fits into a groove in the rail, to lock the mount/sight in place and act like an arrestor block or pin on a dovetail rail. For some reason the Alecto doesn't have this arrangement. I've been waiting for a definitive answer on the red-dot mounting issue before I decide whether or not to go for one.

Bernard's post is very interesting because the sight I would fit is a Barska panoramic red dot of the same configuration as the JSR ones (and the fee-bay specials). I'd rather file a groove in the plastic than butcher my sight though. A few strokes of a rat-tail should do the job I'd have thought.

There's a similar discussion on airgun-tec at the moment.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

I've mounted a Hawk red dot scope and used B Square 25mm weaver mounts. These mounts allow the arrestor peg to be turned upside down for weaver type rails that dont have the slots

Quote Originally Posted by idlefrog View Post
    Thanks for that. Is the one you bought the Ramsbottom one?

I don't really understand what you did to the front bolt. Looking at the photo on the Ramsbottom #### shop I can see the front bolt is designed to fit in a slot like there is on the rail at the bottom of the gun.

It sounds like you are saying you don't need the front bolt. I wonder why they don't just make the front and back of the mount the same?

I could always cut a slot in the gun
    Basically I reduced the diameter of the bolt shaft by one millimetre but left sufficient thread on the end of the bolt for it to work as normal,

No way was there any surgery on the sight at 30 notes

The sight was sourced from SMK via Kibworth gun shop,

HTH, Bernard.

i did exactly the same as S Hebby, check out my post here:

http://www.airgun-tec.com/index.php/...g6856.html#new