I got this the week before last from Helston Gunsmiths here in Cornwall.

It is as described in the title. I had a Mossberg 500 pump before, and that is what I will compare it to.

The build quality and "feel" of the gun are great. If you shake it, there are no rattles. If you've had a mossy, you'll know its hard to walk quietly with one!

The vented rib has twin beads, which help me a lot as I'm left eye/right handed. The butt pad is large and soft, which help reduce felt recoil a lot. There are 3 chokes included and a camo sling, which was a bonus.

My first shots were as soon as I'd loaded up at a local permission I had. I walked thru into the first field from the yard and a group of feral pigeons leapt up about 20 yds away. After a few seconds to let them get some altitude, 3 quick shots resulted in 4 dead pigeons, a great start!

It was fantastic, the gun just seems to fit and feels really natural in the swing with reloading happening on a subconcious level. I know a lot of people don't like the trombone guns, but with just a little practice they are every bit as quick as a semi in real life and they never jam.

On the whole, it feels better made and more comfortable than the mossy, although that was a good few years old. I've put around 120 carts thru so far, and see a long and happy relationship stretching on into the future.

The total package cost just £435 brand new, but be quick! These are alledgedly being cleared at this price to make way for a new model, and should be seriously considered if you want a reliable waterfowling or rough gun.