Thread: Gunpower Stealth issues

Operating without any decent restraint - Nottm

Gunpower Stealth issues

Recently acquired the above in .22
    It was shooting spot on until I removed the scope for another higher mag.
    Anyhoo, bottle filled and accuracy is all over the place and I mean just that, 8 inch groups at 30 mts. I've ran out of left adjustment and it still shooting to the right by a foot.

Had the barrel out and stuck it in the lathe, it was bent. The silencer had been Loctited in and I assumed it was that that was keeping it sorta central.

Straightend it out and re crowned it. (it doesn't look very standard as the machining on it has more chatter than a hen party)

So now I'm at the point where I have full adjustment on the scope. 2 or 3 shots spot on then back out to 8 inches again.

I'm assuming this is now an air issue.

Any advice is most welcome a I've not had any dealings with this sort of gun before.

I'm going to machine an SMK .177 barrel down and fit that, would it be a straight swap in?, as there is no breech or probe to speak of.

Ta
    1st Battalion Humberside Cavalier Rescue Deserters on the cut

Quote Originally Posted by Neil. View Post
    Recently acquired the above in .22
    It was shooting spot on until I removed the scope for another higher mag.
    Anyhoo, bottle filled and accuracy is all over the place and I mean just that, 8 inch groups at 30 mts. I've ran out of left adjustment and it still shooting to the right by a foot.

Had the barrel out and stuck it in the lathe, it was bent. The silencer had been Loctited in and I assumed it was that that was keeping it sorta central.

Straightend it out and re crowned it. (it doesn't look very standard as the machining on it has more chatter than a hen party)

So now I'm at the point where I have full adjustment on the scope. 2 or 3 shots spot on then back out to 8 inches again.

I'm assuming this is now an air issue.

Any advice is most welcome a I've not had any dealings with this sort of gun before.

I'm going to machine an SMK .177 barrel down and fit that, would it be a straight swap in?, as there is no breech or probe to speak of.

Ta
    Yes machine the barrel to the same dimensions "just check power" afterwards --i have found bottle pressure is a must with these guns i fill mine to around 170-but no more than190 bar i top it up after about 40-50 shots that way i no its going shoot right ---its strange that you say it was shooting ok before a scope change? i give the barrel on mine a clean when the accuracy go's off --i also fitted a tri rail to give extra scope head height that made a big difference

Same as Zak, regular top ups to keep the power around the same level.
    Never oil or grease any of the sliding areas on the barrel, use a little powdered graphite for lube.

As for more chatter than a hen party, this is how mine came,

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Run it over a chrono, this may shed some light

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Same as Zak, regular top ups to keep the power around the same level.
    Never oil or grease any of the sliding areas on the barrel, use a little powdered graphite for lube.

As for more chatter than a hen party, this is how mine came,
    Wow, proof that tooth enamel does not make a good cutting tool.

Aha!
    The bottle was filled to 200 bar.

I'll put some more through it and see where it goes from there.

I'm still gonna machine down the .177 barrel and make up some new spacers too.

I'll soon be a Guru....

Right...
    Barrel machined down to fit.
    The original spacers fitted like a sausage through a window, so whizzed up a couple to fit the oversized barrel I left.

It fires, but its down on power, which I expected going from a .22 to .177.

So later I'll give it an accuracy test before I bugger about with it any more..

Thanks for the input
    Last edited by Neil.; 10-06-2021 at 09:39 PM.

Okies
    Its sorted.

What a faff about...

It now cloverleafs @ 30 mts

Had to bugger about with the power, but its shooting at about 11ftlbs with AA Fields.

Its no tack driver, but I'm pleased with the way its worked out.
    Hold sensitive is unreal and the trigger is a bit shite, but hey ho... Its been a steep learning curve and I'll work on this till its an HW100 eata...

Thanks for the PMs