Thread: hw45 scope advise

hw45 scope advise

hi,
    i just got my self a hw45 and after a scope/reddot sight
    just wondering if any recomendations for one under £50 not after anything fancy will be used out to around 10m maximum and from 3m .

would consider either scope . redot what do you gus thinks is better and why do you think this , also why do you choose given advise etc,
    my local gun shop has nothing suitible in stock and dont think my mtc viper will sit on top very well

theo
    sorted

HI i would use a red dot as i find them better for pistol (unless your looking at long range work) AND they are smaller, and as you have to overlever the 45,you will have more of the gun to hold rather than the scope.

PS budget guns n tackle in colchester do a great tv type finder with different ret for £29.99, and they are ment to be great. Will be getting 1 tomorrow for my AK47.
    You tube channel bassmanrich44 2000 subscribers and counting! 5000 now

i did have a reddot sight on my eb20 and liked it was a tv type and only £7.99 but very Wyankey!!! have seen hawke ones for around £30 are these any good
    sorted

Quote Originally Posted by bassmanrich View Post
    HI i would use a red dot as i find them better for pistol (unless your looking at long range work) AND they are smaller, and as you have to overlever the 45,you will have more of the gun to hold rather than the scope.

PS budget guns n tackle in colchester do a great tv type finder with different ret for £29.99, and they are ment to be great. Will be getting 1 tomorrow for my AK47.
    not been to budget guns and tackle for ages this is the SMK brand shop!!! got some good bits in there some times only problem i work 6days a week and they shut at 12 on a saturday normally

ak47 i hear you cry ...... sharing's caring lol
    sorted

just be careful as the dovetail is not "standard" I got a Hawke red dot and had to modify the base to make the sight sit central
    ..."My son," said the Norman Baron...."The Saxon is not like us Normans. His manners are not so polite. But he never means anything serious till he talks about justice and right"...

Quote Originally Posted by Lol Moore View Post
    just be careful as the dovetail is not "standard" I got a Hawke red dot and had to modify the base to make the sight sit central
    correct,you will need mounts suitable for a 13mm rail.

go for red dot as scopes tend to magnify any hand shake.

when i buy a red dot shall i ask for 13mm mounts or will it come with this size as standard as more of a pistol thing?
    sorted

13mm mounts aren't standard.
    I have a nice 2x20 pistol scope, works well and shooting very accurately
    I originally bought a Hawke HD25 red dot, however I found that the recoil of the gun was interfering with the red dot and that it began to stop working on certain brightness levels.
    Anyway, I have a 2x20 pistol scope which cost me £25 and some mounts for around £15.
    If you have any other questions drop me a pm.