Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: webley nemesis great little pistol

webley nemesis great little pistol

got this 22 nemesis from eredel at weekend its like new just got round to trying it tonight very suprised its as good as the hw 40 accuracy is superb and on my mates chrono its doing 3.4 ft lb which is very good for this type of pistol and totally recoiless cant fault this great little gun never really even looked at bthem before but bought hw 45 from eredel and he just happened to have this for sale as well and you know what its like!!!! but am now very glad i bought it

Thumbs up Nemesis

Quote Originally Posted by claude View Post
    got this 22 nemesis from eredel at weekend its like new just got round to trying it tonight very suprised its as good as the hw 40 accuracy is superb and on my mates chrono its doing 3.4 ft lb which is very good for this type of pistol and totally recoiless cant fault this great little gun never really even looked at bthem before but bought hw 45 from eredel and he just happened to have this for sale as well and you know what its like!!!! but am now very glad i bought it
    Fully agree a great pistol, i had a .177 target
    version, 1 pistol i should'nt have sold...mike...

Funnily enough, this is the next one on my list
    Unless something else crops up in the meantime.

What's that dear......?
    Am I buying more guns.......?
    Certainly not dear, you know my collection is complete.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

They are really good pistols, accurate and reliable too, I've had one for years and apart from wearing out a breech seal (which you would expect given the amount of use it's had) it has never had any problems at all. Some criticise the grips but I find them fine.

The triggers improve a lot as they get run in. It's a shame there won't be any more of these.

Quote Originally Posted by claude View Post
    Glad it's got a good home...I'll probably regret selling it!!
    Eric.

I certainly don't regret buying mine
    Great pistols!

I have had a black and silver one in .177 for about six or seven years. It's been used a lot as it is ideal for backyard plinking and informal target alike. Mine has an amazingly good trigger. Really light and crisp.

I have heard criticisms about the grips too but find them totally serviceable and comfortable enough considering their somewhat blocky nature.

It's a cracking pistol that I won't ever part with.

I know I've already mentioned it but the trigger really makes this gun, it's amazing considering the price I paid and the type of pistol it is.

If one ever comes up for sale and you have any doubts, go for it.

fully agree with the trigger its comparable to the hw 40 which is another favourite of mine pd eredel old mate you sold me both those pistols at the weekend at a very good price they are both immaculate exellent guns cant reccommend you to anybody enough thanks mate atb ps nice coffee too !!

I'm another fan of the Nemesis.
    I always liked single stroke pneumatics and considered it good value. I have several in my collection including some in their original clam shell packaging.
    As I'm restricted to indoor plinking at present, I tend to use a Nemesis for this purpose.

Nemesis

I bought one to back in October from my local gunshop. I was just passing and spotted it in the window for 45 quid, imagine my suprise when it came with the box and all documentation. I've only ever seen the clam pack, can anyone confirm if they also came boxed?

I am very please with mine a black one in .22 on the chrono it does 304fps with Superdomes and 330 fps with Hobby. Pretty much what Webley advertised.

I've also got a HW40 and prefer the Nemesis the 40 now feels cheap and plastic after shooting the Webley.

I'd love a chrome one or a .177 to complete the collection also did Webley do them in any other colour. I've heard yellow mentioned or is this an urban myth?

Ones bought mail-order from JSRs before the VCR act came in boxes instead of clamshell packs, that's how one of mine came. Supposedly thet were offered in several bright colours, but I've never seen one. They never offered a chrome one, the finish was actually satin aluminium with a clear lacquer coat.

All the later Nemesis were supplied in card boxes with a styrene insert. The original clam shell packs were not very robust, and if left exposed to sunlight would get very brittle and fall to bits.
    I only saw the full range of colours once, but wasn't particularly impressed by some of them, such as the red and yellow models.
    I have the black, early silver, late silver, special edition & and gold plated models, but have never seen any of the other colours offered for sale.

Nemesis

Have you got any photo's of the different models Troubleshooter. I'd like to see the difference in old and new silver models and what was "special" about the special edition.

What's the difference between the early and late silver models Troubleshooter? And what's the Special Edition?

There are a few Nemesis pictures on my sig. site. I will add a few more later.
    The early Silver Nemesis, from late 94 to early 96, was a chrome/satin electroplated silver finish, whereas the later ones are epoxy finished in a darker grey/silver finish.
    The 'Special Edition' was produced for one of the retail shows at the NEC in October 94, and the only difference is the wording 'Special Edition'.
    The coloured Nemesis, of which it is thought there were six variants - Blue, Red, Orange, Green, Yellow and Silver, plus the standard Black, started in January 96 and were available up to the time the factory closed in December 2000.
    The idea for the coloured versions was partly due to the Pony Club, as they held shooting competitions on horseback at their gymkhanas, and it was felt brightly coloured air pistols would be more acceptable for public use.
    Last edited by Troubledshooter; 22-01-2010 at 05:29 PM. Reason: More Information