Thread: .44 - What's your tipple?

.44 - What's your tipple?

Ok folks:

Remington New Army or Rogers and Spencer for Spirit of the Original target shooting? What would you have?

Cheers
    McT

Rem NMA by Euroarms with the Walther barrel, spirit of original sights. Ain't arf accurate 20 grain 3FG 777 wad over powder and light lubed ball. Nice

Rogers and Spencer for me. I like the bigger grips. Tim

Leyland in darkest Lancashire. HERE BE DRAGONS

Remmy

Remington NMA with a shiny chrome finish.

Mnnn, shiny

Also LePage single shot (also shiny)
    Last edited by lilguy43uk; 24-01-2010 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Oh yes
    The biggest problem facing this country today is not the terrorist. It's the politician.

The Bosun's Watch

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Remington New Model Army.

Not familiar with the Rogers & Spencer, but everyone who likes them says "because I have larger hands."

But I have smaller hands.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Me too Jim. I have small hands but i like the way my Rogers feels in the hand. The grips are only slightly bigger than other revolvers so your little finger isnt strugling to get on the grips. Shame my Ruger old army doesnt have the same size. Tim

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Is your Rogers an original, Tim, or a reproduction? I understand you can get originals in great condition, since the Union contracted for them at the end of the War, and most were then sold off to surplus dealers without ever seeing service.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Hi Jim, Its a euroarms reproduction in London grey with std not target sights. Would love a genuine original one but just cant afford one. It was my first b/p pistol and although others have come and gone i have kept the Rogers. I have shot it hundreds of times over the years and it still works a treat. Tim

When I had one - a Remmy NMA in stainless (dad too !) - we both have Ruger OA now ...

Roy

davederrick is offline With our thoughts, we make the world
    Pietta Remmy NMA in stainless finish. mmmmmm shiny.
    "I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters." - Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959)

Pietta Rem "Texas". Shiny too! (brass frame).

I had a Rogers and Spencer by Euroarms with the London Grey finish and adjustable sights. Loved it. Wanted a more "original" version, so got a Euroarms R&S with a Walther barrel. A real Friday afternoon job!!! It was appaling, especially when my first was so good.

Didn't give up though, managed to locate a Pedersoli R&S. Outstanding revolver!

I have a R&S, wish it was a rem.
    “If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?” :- Prince Philip said after Dunblane