Quote Originally Posted by bengarzy View Post
I am sad to have to report that my old partner at Theoben, Dave Theobald, has died suddenly while on holliday in Africa.

It seems he felt ill and ended up in hospital and suddenly had a heart attack from which they could not save him.

My thoughts are with his wife Barbara and his 2 daughters.

Ben Taylor
I first met Dave about 12 years ago and we became firm friends. I enjoyed our regular chats about life, the universe and engineering. Dave was a people person. He always had time for people and welcomed everyone he liked (there weren't many he disliked; in fact, only one name springs to mind...) into his home with open arms, a cup of tea or a glass of red wine and always with a good conversation. Generous to the end, Dave was a lovely man and a passionate engineer. This is a sad time. My thoughts are with Barbara, his FOUR children, his two grandchildren, whom he simply adored and also his brother Mike, the last man standing of the Theobald trio. A third grandchild is on the way, Dave was looking forward to this new addition with great anticipation. What a shame he's no longer here to share the joy with the rest of his family.
G.