Thread: Non lead Pellets

Non lead Pellets

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on Non Lead Pellets, Please.
    I currently use a Crossman Air Pistol for dispatch and have to use Non Toxic Pellets. I have tried Prometheous Pellets and was wondering if there was any other type of pellets that would be suitable.
    Any help or advice would be greatly received.
    Thanks

Hi Kendo and welcome to the BBS, I'm afraid we can't discuss Hunting, dispatching of animals with a pistol in this or we will lose our access.

That said i believe Dynamic do a range of Tin Pellets.

atvb

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Non lead pellets

Thanks for the advice Cookie, i'll be sure not to mention Dispatch etc in the fourm again.
    Thought as it was leagal that it could be discussed so thanks for the tip off.
    kendo

For rifle hunting etc, the rest of the forum is fine, and you will get some good advice in other sections, just not in the pistol section.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Dynamic

Hi Kendo
    Dynamics do a good range of tin pellets but you do need to stick to the reccomendations for your gun. Bit of a problem with the Alecto since it's a new gun. Dynamics will give you head sizes for individual guns.
    Untill some bugger turned up with the Alecto I was the only one at the October UBC meet who could bring the HFT squirrel knock down targets back up using my .22 Hurricane and Dynamic Sn 2.
    As soon as I got hold of the Alecto I put some Sn 1 and PPP1 through it and they went well but the PPP1 were starting to lift a bit on three pumps.
    PM me an address and I'll send you some of each.

If you put these things in a rifle be damn sure you are accurate as they hardly deform at all and have a tendancy to go through and through.
    Target Bunny
    Globus magnus volvere
    trepidex mea non est!

Hi Jim

You better sit down for this...
    Believe it or not I've actually tested some of those you sent me last year!
    I tried the .177 in the Smith 586 and they seemed to group well. Didn't chrono them though.

The .22s also seemed to group well at 6 yds in the new Brocock Atomic but were a little down on power compared to Hobby and Mosquito (4.5 ft.lbs as opposed to 5.2). I think they were a little tighter in the breech.

Quote Originally Posted by Target Bunny View Post
    I was the only one at the October UBC meet who could bring the HFT squirrel knock down targets back up using my .22 Hurricane and Dynamic Sn 2.
    I think my HW45 might have managed it, at 600 fps with Geco
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Squirrel Target

Hi Adam
    No doubt that you'r right since I did not spend too long there. I spent most of the time trying to avoid the Webley rep.
    Unfortunately he found me and made me give the Alecto back.
    Then we went and found Tony and forced him to give the Black Widdow prototype back.

The .22 Sn2's are meant for spring guns so you MAY have been getting blow by with a PCP. Dynamic are fanatical about matching pellets and guns for best results. I will put up their chart as soon as I find it again. in the meantime have a look at the pellet section of (Don't tell the sponsors) B.A.R. where a lot of info is given.

Regards
    Jim D
    Globus magnus volvere
    trepidex mea non est!