Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Newbie posts

A Newbie posts

It has been suggested that I post here - sorry I am new here so it will take a while to find my way around.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=429099

Hi Paul and welcome to the BBS, there is a wealth of knowledge here in the pistol section, unfortunatley finding it is the problem.

I won't bombard you with to much info, but being a pistol fan you might want to have a look at and join the Umarex Boys Club. They are a great bunch of guy's and gal's and run some of the best on-line comp's around.

again welcome and enjoy the banter.

Jason
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    Hi Paul and welcome to the BBS, there is a wealth of knowledge here in the pistol section, unfortunatley finding it is the problem.

I won't bombard you with to much info, but being a pistol fan you might want to have a look at and join the Umarex Boys Club. They are a great bunch of guy's and gal's and run some of the best on-line comp's around.

again welcome and enjoy the banter.

Jason
    don't listen to him hes only saying that because hes the founder
    to be honest id recommend joining theUmarex Boys Club. you cant have more fun for free on the Internet and thats a guarantee
    Last edited by sol1821; 23-01-2010 at 01:20 AM.
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Welcome,
    make yourself comfortable (target or two handed stance acceptable) you've certainly found the right place here!
    You need to see Jason's collection, your'e sure to find some inspiration there, I did,

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Welcome,
    make yourself comfortable (target or two handed stance acceptable) you've certainly found the right place here!
    You need to see Jason's collection, your'e sure to find some inspiration there, I did,

Nick
    I'll try to settle in - I am mainly ambidextrous - necessary eyes relate to pertinent sight depending upon which hand is holding the piece.

Welcome,

Nick
    hes got a 5.9999999999ft/lbs pistol with interchangeable everything apart from the barrel that only comes in the "mans caliber .22" that's deadly silent and transforms at the push of a button into a.... um?

you see this is the point in the sentence that i lose all comic genius and cant think of a punch line thus rendering the joke um well <stick a couple of astrix in here>
    perhaps one of my fellow pisskaters can finish me off...
    oh ...
    no that's not right
    Sliced bread.

Welcome,

Nick
    Here's what nick is talking about, though it's out of date there's another rifle and 4 pistols to add.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    Here's what nick is talking about, though it's out of date there's another rifle and 4 pistols to add.
    yep and try not to spend to long on this bit
    i know i have
    Sliced bread.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Sol,
    Naughty Corner please!
    Guns'N'Buns is an aquired taste and can scare off the timid or uninitiated
    I have to say all that does flost my boat though
    Nick

Sol,
    Naughty Corner please!
    Nick
    yes Nick,
    sorry Nick,
    wont happen again Nick

oh and btw Ive been meaning to ask you, if i remember correctly i think i saw you packing away a pump for pcp guns at the last ubc meet, and I've been meaning to ask you how you get on with it.
    ive recently bought a pcp rifle that needs filling to 232bar, not sure how big the tank is but it gets 200 ish shots per fill at 11.5ft/lbs what do you recon it would be like pumping that up?? and i think i read somewhere with the pumps there's no filter so the tank fills up with some water vapour and stuff that can damage it??
    Last edited by sol1821; 23-01-2010 at 12:03 AM.
    Sliced bread.

PM sent but basically pumps ok if you're fit and not work-shy, never found a gainsayer who could give any good evidence of water build up in a gun,
    Regards,
    Nick

PM sent but basically pumps ok if you're fit and not work-shy, never found a gainsayer who could give any good evidence of water build up in a gun,
    Regards,
    Nick
    Work-shy? Narr
    Fit? umm well as fit as someone carrying 8.5 stone of fat can be i suppose

Cheers for the pm
    Sliced bread.

I still use a pump Sol, it's sometimes the only exercise I get.

I have two rifles, a Daystate and a Falcon and two pistols Rohm and Steyr.

The pistols take about thirty strokes to pump up from the bottom of the green and its fine as long as you don't want to shoot for ten minutes or so afterwards.
    I never let the rifles go too low so they aren't too bad either, although you know when you've pumped one up from empty . You would need a little longer to recover before shooting, or at least I do.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

As a long time contributor to another (non airgun) site I know how threads get hijacked - a good thing imho - I'll feel at home here.
    Anyway - thanks for the welcome - I today committed myself to a Webley Service Mk2 - so I guess I'll have to go to the rifle thread now?
    (It's all so strange for a newbie).

No No, you stay here.
    There's a vintage competition running and most of your Webley's would be eligible, and the vintage competition includes a rifle element. We all have rifles too, but don't tell anyone.
    Your Nemesis would also be competitive in the 6yd and 10m SSP competitions.
    Stick around, I'm sure you'll find that the pistol section is by far the most interesting, closely followed by the collectors section, when they're awake, they do need their long afternoon naps bless them.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it