Thread: Coincidence or something more sinister??

Coincidence or something more sinister??

I've noticed some very strange activity, in the way of lots of sales of hw45's for £160 or £165 now is this merely a coincidence or is everyone after a Webley Alecto i got mine serial no:00207 to be exact and it's FANTASTIC .

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by NewApproach View Post
    is everyone after a Webley Alecto
    In a word...No
    Last edited by harvey_s; 24-01-2010 at 10:16 AM.

I got mine too, serial no:00179 but i didn't have a HW45 before so no, i cannot confirm your hypothesis either!

The Alecto is awesome though, very accurate! I've been annihilating clothes pegs from 20m using open sights! If you hit em right on the spring they ping into tiny pieces! Simple pleasures!

I've noticed some very strange activity, in the way of lots of sales of hw45's for £160 or £165 now is this merely a coincidence or is everyone after a Webley Alecto i got mine serial no:00207 to be exact and it's FANTASTIC .
    I had a go of one today,i've never seen or heard of it (i don't buy comics anymore) until kilty turned up at the club and i must say i was very impressed.3 pumps gives it a very healthy 5.8 ft1b on the clubs scan pro 1.Accuracy was up there aswell,it looks like a cross between a Nemisis and an HW40 with a very tasty target style grip complete with palm shelf.Think i may be getting one in the near future.

Piccy: http://www.airshooter.co.uk/acatalog/webleyalecto.jpg

what pellets are you using in yours Thanaton? same question to you spring boy what pellets were they chronoing it with at the club? still trying to find the perfect diet for mine

Allecto

Got one get one.

I also have an Alecto, but wouldn't sell my 45 though.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanaton23 View Post
    I got mine too, serial no:00179 but i didn't have a HW45 before so no, i cannot confirm your hypothesis either!

The Alecto is awesome though, very accurate! I've been annihilating clothes pegs from 20m using open sights! If you hit em right on the spring they ping into tiny pieces! Simple pleasures!
    Greetings to 00207 and 00179 from 00303!

I don't think many will be chopping in HW45s for the Alecto; more likely to be HW40s, Beemans and Gamo Compacts.

As to pellets, you'll not go wrong with D/N Gecos.
    Last edited by MikeB; 24-01-2010 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Felt like it, okay?

I have an Alecto, No: 00177, plus several Hw45's, and I certainly wouldn't consider selling one to replace the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubleshooter View Post
    I have an Alecto, No: 00177, plus several Hw45's, and I certainly wouldn't consider selling one to replace the other.
    177! What a brilliant serial number!
    What calibre is it....?

I've been using Falcon A.P's at 6 yards on one pump with impressive results. May swithch to Air Arms Fields at longer distances on two or three pumps.

Chris.
    Far too many rifles & pistols to mention here.

I've been using the Webley Accupels and AA Field Diablo's for plinking, and i've got some RWS Hobby's for punching holes.

It says in the book that the gun is optimised to use the Accupels, but the cynic in me saw through their strategy there. However, i thought i'd try them as a baseline and work from there.

The Accupels are spot on, accuracy is way better than my capabilities. The Diablo's are duff, I dropped the tin so they're all squished but the few that are good seem to perform just as well as the Accupels. As for the hobby's, they seem like a tight fit into the barrel, but they certainly go wherever I point the thing - now if only i could hold it straight!

Chaps, been looking at those. I can see the rail on the underside of the front frame, but is there any way to mount a red-dot or pistol scope?

boff180 Guest
    If they did a left handed or ambi one, I'd consider it but as they don't (or atleast I cannot find one)... Webley won't be getting my money!

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by richtel View Post
    Chaps, been looking at those. I can see the rail on the underside of the front frame, but is there any way to mount a red-dot or pistol scope?
    The answer is yes but mounts are apparently tricky.

Weaver type mounting systems should fit, either straight away or with minor modification to the mount or pistol top rail.

See here
    http://www.airgun-tec.com/index.php/...2.html#msg6692
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius