Thread: Anschutz Mod 54 Super Match

Anschutz Mod 54 Super Match

Hi Guys,
    I have just acquired one of the above and I want to fit a scope on it.
    Any suggestions as to the best way of achieving this?
    There is a small dovetail about 2.5 inches long but I am not sure how to mount the other ring.
    I have looked at one of these and wondered if anybody had tried one for size.
    http://www.jsramsbottom.com/products...-forward-11mm-[gtm10].html
    Guntuff one piece mounts
    Any suggestions would be most welcome
    Cheers
    Mike

Hi, I have a match54 Anschutz and there is a dovetail section in front and to the rear of the loading port, so a set of normal two piece mounts would be fine, if you go for a one piece mount you could find loading a tad more difficult.

Any probs get back in touch and I'll try and help. I have used my rifle with both open and telescopic sights

Regards

Iain D

Up until about 1964 Anschutz only cut a dovetail into the rearpart of the receiver, behind the breech. Back then most target scopes were the long abrrel mounted Unertl types, so the receiver was only grooved for the rearsight.

If it's an early model you might need the cantilever mounts.

14xx series guns from at least the first half of the 1960's only have the dovetail rail on the rear part of the reciver for fitting the standard Anschutz apature sight. My son has a 1964 proofed 1411 which only has the one set of rails. Unfortunatly reach forwards mounts are not very good. Probably the best to use would be the BKL 4" reach forwards, if you can get one, I have had one on backorder with the importers Deben fo a couple of months now, along with a set of standard BKL's rings for my 1813. It was suggested to me that the best thing to do was to get a lcoal engineering company to have a set of groves milled in the other half of the action. As long as you are able to stay with the gun in the workshop it is OK for a non RFD to do the work. The groves will of course need to be parralle to the bore and they should be cut at 60 degrees, and an engineer should be able to measure the other dimensions needed.

HTH

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    14xx series guns from at least the first half of the 1960's only have the dovetail rail on the rear part of the reciver for fitting the standard Anschutz apature sight. My son has a 1964 proofed 1411 which only has the one set of rails. Unfortunatly reach forwards mounts are not very good. Probably the best to use would be the BKL 4" reach forwards, if you can get one, I have had one on backorder with the importers Deben fo a couple of months now, along with a set of standard BKL's rings for my 1813. It was suggested to me that the best thing to do was to get a lcoal engineering company to have a set of groves milled in the other half of the action. As long as you are able to stay with the gun in the workshop it is OK for a non RFD to do the work. The groves will of course need to be parralle to the bore and they should be cut at 60 degrees, and an engineer should be able to measure the other dimensions needed.

HTH

Alan
    Hi Alan. My gunsmith has recently cut a dovetail on a super match for me, my other option was to have have it drilled and tapped for single bases.
    Regards John F

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex
    Scroll down don't look too good to me but the name says it probably does.

Andy
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

John it was your advice re Ben's 1411 that I was passing on. He is still not sure if he wants to keep his rifle to shoot prone or bench rest. He shot three 25 yard HV UKBR22 cards thursday night for an average: 250.10, 240.5, 250.15 for his first three cards. Should have been a 247 on the second card but managed to let one round go while reloading, which gave him a 4 (plus the penalty) where he had just shot a 10.

Hi

Anschutz do make a rail that fits on the rifle to allow a scope to be fixed. A member of our club fitted one to his.

He got his from edinkilie.co.uk, around £60 I think.

Mike

I think this mount is intended for later models that have the front receiver ring grooved. The purpose of the mount is to allow the scope to be placed further forwards to get the correct eye relief in prone shooting. I don't think it would fit an early model that is only grooved behind the breech.

If it is the rail that I think it is, it is definatly for the later actions. It is a combination sight raiser block and action stiffener. It is slightly cut away on the right side to act as a loading port.

Alan

Anschutz Mod 54 Super Match

Hi Mike
    I have 3 Different Anschutz Super Match 54 Rifles and they all have 11mm Dovetails in front of and behind the Bullet loading point, it should be a simple matter of just getting a set of .22 Ring mounts for the height of the scope you wish to fit, if you only have the dovetail at the rear of the action, you can pick up adaptors that fit the rear 11mm portion and project forward usually via a picatinny rail.

Regards
    Steve