Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stirrup pumps

Arrow stirrup pumps

A few years ago i had a stirrup pump an rws or webley one , i think.
    now considering getting another( if i dont find a small cheap divers bottle).
    So what pumps are on the market at the moment , which are good which are not and any prices also please .
    many thanks
    Darren ...

they cost almost the same as divers bottle and with a bottle you don't get heart failure

Northernspark Guest
    Are they hard work or is it just a myth?

How many times would you need to pump a gun to full?

Steve

RochdaleLad Guest
    depends on the gun

My Logun pump was about 20 pumps per 100 PSI...

Work that out for yourselves.

In the end, the pump broke, it's now in bits in the workshop, and I've got a shiny MDE Faber 7l 300 BAR bottle

Northernspark Guest
    20 pumps per 100 psi ? 3000 divided by 100 = 30 X 20 = 600

That can't be right, you be too tired to shoot after that!

Frickin nora! that!

Think I'll deffo buy a bottle!

Steve

RochdaleLad Guest
    Um... well, maybe it was every 10 pumps, I can't remember now...

Northernspark Guest
    lol thats still 300

sure it wasn't one pump per 100 psi? LOL

Steve

maty j is offline Nothing ventured, Nothing gained
    im chargeing my s400 with a pump and dont find it that hard. and i get enough shots out of a fill as well. i let it get to 150bar then pump up to 200bar. im useing the axsor pump. but saying that im still looking for a small dive bottle.

John Henry 1 Guest
    I found that mine roughly work out at 1 pump stroke = 1bar
    cheers

dont forget bottles give you cleaner air too

Johnny - Sweden Guest
    Take my advice for it:

Buy a diver bottle and a fillerkit.

They are not that more expensive then a handpump, they operate faster, they give much better air and they are not expensive to run.

Dont forget that some PCP cant handle the moisture from stirrup pumps and to fill a large gun is indeed very hard work..

I used to have a FX Mk II stirrup pump but now I use a 8 liter 300 bar bottle instead, its like comming to heaven..

Thunderbolt A10 Guest
    Hi,

Wimps, that is what you are !

Oh yes to operate a handpump is very hard work ! Hmmm, not in my opinion. I need to fill my gun up every 12 to 16 shots depending on what level I go for - 3000 psi or 3400 psi. And I doing this with a handpump not a bottle and I am not going over to bottles now because of the so called "hard work". I like the exercise and I like the idea that you produce the pressure that runs the machinery all by yourself.

Well, maybe the air from handpumps may or may not be as clean as the air coming from diving bottles but who cares ??? As long this air that comes from handpumps doesnīt harm your gun then no worries. I have said before and I am going to say it again that if handpumps were so bad regarding the quality of air then they wouldnīt be sold at all. I am certainly not going to change over to bottles because of this "air quality problem" - I personal donīt think that this problem even exists today if you treat your handpumps correctly and by the book.

RochdaleLad Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O
    lol thats still 300

sure it wasn't one pump per 100 psi? LOL

Steve
    It's a lot of pumps, believe me. Plus, you don't fill a gun from empty anyway... Usually 120BAR to 190 was the norm with my S400...

But, having said that, try pumping a Rapid 400cc bottle up to 2500psi from empty! SOD THAT.

sneaky beaky Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RochdaleLad
    It's a lot of pumps, believe me. Plus, you don't fill a gun from empty anyway... Usually 120BAR to 190 was the norm with my S400...

But, having said that, try pumping a Rapid 400cc bottle up to 2500psi from empty! SOD THAT.
    he,he... the lad i bought my d/bottle and pump...
    (both s/hand bargains for one price ) told me, a few of his mates used to top up there 12ltrs with a pump (very not recommended) as dive shop miles away
    pumps work, but are hard work... keep mine for back-up when bottle low... whick aint very often (thank god!)

Thunderbolt

You are completely entitled to your opinion and yes you have said it before and people sell fags and they are a lot better for you than not smoking and they wouldnt sell them if they didnt do any harm........

I repeat. A hand pump cannot remove the same degree of moisture from compressed air as a professional compressor. It aint rocket science.

The filters on a hand pump are limited in their ability and capacity.

Any moisture in a PCP cylinder is not a good thing especially if it is ferrous.

Please feel free to hold on to your beliefs but NO hand pump is ever coming near to my kit.

We will have to agree to disagree I think.

Steyr
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill