Hi Steyr,

Yep, you are right - we have to agree to disagree.

Well, if I should be the first man on this earth that only run my pcp with handpumps then so be it. I will write this discussion behind my ear and return with information how things went - let say about 10 years from now.

I am quite sure that people that have problems with their guns then using a handpump is simply because of dust and dirt on the connection between pump and gun. And also by overfilling their guns.
The dust and dirt problem can also happen with bottles if you donīt take this problem seriously. The same thing with overfilling too.

And I am also quite sure that if you change the filters frequently on your handpumps and donīt fill your guns in high humidity air conditions you will get a very long run time on your guns (we are talking several years here without any troubles at all).

Rust problems inside the cylinder ? Well, again this would take several years (if the system is treated correctly) before you have complete rust through problem causing failure of the cylinder or the inside mechanics of the gun. In this matter I think even those people that only use bottles for filling will get some rusty cylinders by time. This can not be avoided. Actually, alot of this rust comes from condensation then you are taking the gun and bottle in and out from warm environments to cold conditions.

So other things matter too in the matter of filling guns and not just filters and dry air.