Thread: This box thing has gone too far....

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham

Question This box thing has gone too far....

I mean I can understand people wanting a box so they've got the 'whole' thing....but when the bleedin' box is worth almost as much as the item your'e collecting - you've gotta stop, give yourself a good talking to and ask....

Have I lost the plot a bit here?

Either that or give this section over to the pistoleers and shove this in a dusty sub-section under the title 'Collectable Boxes'

I also note that there is one advert on here for an as new boxed rifle that the seller would prefer went to someone who wasn't going to shoot it!.......

Light blue touch paper and retire to a safe distance....

whats usually the first thing that goes into the bin when a new gun is bought?

when it comes to collectable anything, boxed and mint will always be worth a lot more as there are far fewer in circulation.

I sold my boxes and kept the pistols

I wonder if on fleabay some of those 'mad' box prices quietly included the contents.

Quote Originally Posted by jax13 View Post
    whats usually the first thing that goes into the bin when a new gun is bought?

when it comes to collectable anything, boxed and mint will always be worth a lot more as there are far fewer in circulation.
    Most of the boxes i have seen lately look like they were fished out of the bin!

and I understand the bit about a boxed minter being worth more...but the way things stand at the moment, it would indicate a boxed piece of 'tat' is actually worth more than an unboxed minter.....can't be right surely?

there was a time if something broke and you hadnt the box you could not return it even if it was a fridge frezzer

edbear2 Guest
    The last old BSA standard I bought from a shop came in a rather natty heavy blue polythene slip, with the guntraders assoc. logo all over it in gold lettering, should I keep the gun in this bag to increase it's value in the future, or just put the bag on fleabay........advice please!

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    The last old BSA standard I bought from a shop came in a rather natty heavy blue polythene slip, with the guntraders assoc. logo all over it in gold lettering, should I keep the gun in this bag to increase it's value in the future, or just put the bag on fleabay........advice please!
    Is that the really rare one with two anatomically designed cut-outs for optimum user convienience? gotta be worth at least a tenner

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Is that the really rare one with two anatomically designed cut-outs for optimum user convienience? gotta be worth at least a tenner
    No.......Its the normal mettaly one with the lever thingy, and with the woody bit at the back that fits against your shoulder

OH!..THE BAG!!.dunno, I have put it in the bank for safekeeping!!

A collector will always try and buy an item in it's original box if possible, just look at the difference in prices between boxed and unboxed Dinky and Corgi items.
    The prices asked and realised for gun boxes does seem to have escalated recently, but hey, who am I to complain, it increases the value of my collection quite considerably.

i used to collect model aircraft engines,very often the box will be worth more than the contents.i once sold an instruction leaflet for £50!