Thread: Rolling block sites

Rolling block sites

Any one replaced the sights on a pedersoli long range creedmoor rolling block. Iv got one in 45/70 and although its a beutifully made rifle i cant hit a barn door with it. Resting on the bench at 50m it groups to within an inch but as soon as i shoot standing which i prefer my eyes just dont like the peep hole ladder sight. Seems to be too close to my eye. Iv tried the buckhorn sight that comes with the gun but non of the front inserts suit. Thought about a williams type rear sight mounted on the barrel but im told Williams dont do one to fit and i dont want a bodge job on such a nice gun. Must be someone else whos had the same problem. Tim

Tim,

My Pedersoli Sharps has the long range sight on it (part # USA431, I think) I also fitted the eye piece with 8 different sized appertures. About 65 quid.

Hi Simon, Trouble i have is the peep hole sights when mounted at the top of the stock behind the hammer are too close to my eye and my old eyes struggle to get a clear sight picture. Id like something mounted idealy on top of the action or on the barrel where it joins the action same as the williams i have on my .44 Marlin 1894. Have spotted some on the pedersoli web site that may do the job but its a lot of money if i cant get em mounted. The one iv seen has a flat base so may be able to glue them in place if i cant drill the action. A local gun smith is going to look at it for me, its just fitting it in time wise. Tim