Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HFT Guns what should be allowed?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    On ma dirt farm near Dudley in the Westmidlands.
    I really couldent give two hoots what anyone else use's or don't use or how much it costs,aslong as they are within the rules thats all that matters.Turn up shoot,have a laugh,do ya best and enjoy yaself.Thats what its all about for me anyway.

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!
    Quote Originally Posted by R. P. McMurphy View Post
    I really couldent give two hoots what anyone else use's or don't use or how much it costs,aslong as they are within the rules thats all that matters.Turn up shoot,have a laugh,do ya best and enjoy yaself.Thats what its all about for me anyway.
    And that Dave is why we loves yau!
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

On ma dirt farm near Dudley in the Westmidlands.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Charlts View Post
    And that Dave is why we loves yau!
    What can I sat Mr Charlts matey,Iam just a loveable chap

HFT guns

The thing is the top shooters in HFT have been shooting for years, that means they have a huge wealth experience in HFT and I know some have migrated from the FT world, and shoot both there is no doubt about it they are just good shots, rangefinding etc not a problem, but they are putting in top scores and there are some shooting with not the normal run of the mill hunting rifle, just because they like them.

I am totally conviced that this is down to knowing your gun and scope inside out and I am sure that the top shooters just pick up there gun and it becomes part of them and they just gel with it everytime. I've had days where it just feels right and everything goes well and other days when you just couldn't hit a barn door.

The moment I pull the trigger I can normally tell if it's going to be good or bad shot.

This all comes down to practice at the end of the day and the boys and girls that are putting the top scores regardless of them shooting Steyr, Walther, EV2 etc practice all the time, that is how they have got so good.

I don't get mad if I get beaten buy a S400 they are good guns and I have one myself and my score probably wouldn't be vastly different if I shot it, it's just that I'm just totally in love with my Steyr and used to it.

Sorry but It's not the gun it's the shooter and it's the old saying of practice makes perfect at the end of the day.
    Team Kibworth 2011 UKAHFT.
    Proud to be part of the Daystate UKAHFT winning team 2010.
    http://www.cambridgehft.co.uk/

hi

Quote Originally Posted by pistolgirl View Post

Sorry but It's not the gun it's the shooter and it's the old saying of practice makes perfect at the end of the day.
    ok we will have a bet

you with a mk1 airsporter

and me with my s410

I have sent a reply, and the pic was of Vinnie at the UKA matchplay at MAD

" Dear J&R I have been shooting HFT for 4 years now a regularly take part in the UKAHFT series, I have taken over 10.000 HFT pictures in the last 4 years and as such have seen every gun there is. Your email raises three points,

Q. Should we allow high end target rifles into HFT?

A. The most popular rifle in HFT is still the Air Arms S400, yes there are more target rifles appearing, but HFT is about including anyone with a safe sub 12ftlb rifle whether it is a SMK or a Styre

Q, Perhaps the rule makers should revisit the hunting concept and only allow hunting guns

A. Please define a hunting gun? My Daystate Mk3 is a target rifle, but it also comes with a 10 shot mag and has dispatched many a bunny. In my opinion, if you are taking an animals life, your rifle of choice should be the most accurate weapon in the world.

Q. Once telescopics sights have been set they should not be moved.

A, I agree, and this is the rule in HFT, Once you have taken your first shot, you must not touch your scope.

You also state that you do not believe that anyone with a out and out target rig would drag it out hunting, Again I disagree. I know many a HFT shooter, one with a walther costing £2000 and one with a Styre of the same value who use these weapons to hunt.

Hope this helps

Gary"
    HFT Team England 2012 - 2013
    Incompetent writer for Airgunner
    UKAHFT, World and SiHFT Recoiling champ 2017

Quote Originally Posted by scutter View Post
    Q. Once telescopics sights have been set they should not be moved.

Gary"
    That tells me the dickhead is just a troll trying to stir it, if he/she had ever been to a UKAHFT rules shoot he/she would know that scopes can not be altered, ever for any reason. The only exception to that is for extremes where you are allowed to alter parralax
    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons"

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!
    Gary have you still got those pics of the Shepreth UKAHFT pre season from a couple of years ago? If I remember rightly a few target rifles got covered in mud and snow!
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

Quote Originally Posted by jagxkrs View Post
    That tells me the dickhead is just a troll trying to stir it, if he/she had ever been to a UKAHFT rules shoot he/she would know that scopes can not be altered, ever for any reason. The only exception to that is for extremes where you are allowed to alter parralax
    You mean the Extreme competition, as opposed to extreme targets themselves

Plenty of FT guns getting rough treatment at Millride's FT GP...

here's one showing you don't need a pcp or top whatever to join in the fun