Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HFT Guns what should be allowed?

Alegazmoz is offline Southern Hunter Burger Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiast View Post
    I think it is great that someone with an S200 can compete against someone with say, a Steyr and have more than a fighting chance. Some people actually like this sort of thing

Human nature being what it is, people will (in general) of course want posh kit, if they have the money, let 'em spend it on their hobby, say I! Good for the industry, good for the sport.

Richard
    That's it in a nut-shell.
    HFT is a sport, open to anyone, with just about any kit and aspects of hunting introduced to make it more interesting for the participants.
    It doesn't replicate hunting, nor was it ever intended to.
    It's a popular and growing hobby, that keeps a lot of people entertained and for the industry it supports, provides the means to keep their kids asses in pants.
    The contributor who wrote the letter is simply an ignorant tool.

MojoCrow is offline It rubs the lotion on the anarchist ginger tom.....
    Quote Originally Posted by simmmo View Post

So the answer is an affordable piece of kit available to the masses that places everyone firmly on a level footing.
    The answer has been out there for a while now.

Stock class HFT

Sorry Chief, but Umarex have sold their HFT soul to El Diablo and have this, their race gun. HFT will never be the same after this. Steyr, Anschutz, et al will be so deeply embarrassed by this that you will never see one of their rifles in HFT again.
    Customised AA S400 Carbine
    Ros beef, go home! www.buxtedshootingclub.co.uk SiHFT winners 2008 2009 2010

Genius! A gun with a built in lunch box!

Is it big enough for a chicken and jalapeno sub, and if so where can I get one!?

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex
    Quote Originally Posted by MojoCrow View Post
    Sorry Chief, but Umarex have sold their HFT soul to El Diablo and have this, their race gun. HFT will never be the same after this. Steyr, Anschutz, et al will be so deeply embarrassed by this that you will never see one of their rifles in HFT again.
    Ah but does it meet the 150 rule?

Monkey
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by simmmo View Post
    Ah but does it meet the 150 rule?

Monkey
    Capo dei Capi, on the standard airmagnum the centre of barrel to bottom of fore end measures 65.5mm (roughly). Maybe the lunchbox/hamster on the 1250 Dommie FT measures 84.5mm, maybe not.

I have sent a reply, and the pic was of Vinnie at the UKA matchplay at MAD

" Dear J&R I have been shooting HFT for 4 years now a regularly take part in the UKAHFT series, I have taken over 10.000 HFT pictures in the last 4 years and as such have seen every gun there is. Your email raises three points,

Q. Should we allow high end target rifles into HFT?

A. The most popular rifle in HFT is still the Air Arms S400, yes there are more target rifles appearing, but HFT is about including anyone with a safe sub 12ftlb rifle whether it is a SMK or a Styre

Q, Perhaps the rule makers should revisit the hunting concept and only allow hunting guns

A. Please define a hunting gun? My Daystate Mk3 is a target rifle, but it also comes with a 10 shot mag and has dispatched many a bunny. In my opinion, if you are taking an animals life, your rifle of choice should be the most accurate weapon in the world.

Q. Once telescopics sights have been set they should not be moved.

A, I agree, and this is the rule in HFT, Once you have taken your first shot, you must not touch your scope.

You also state that you do not believe that anyone with a out and out target rig would drag it out hunting, Again I disagree. I know many a HFT shooter, one with a walther costing £2000 and one with a Styre of the same value who use these weapons to hunt.

Hope this helps

Gary"
    HFT Team England 2012 - 2013
    Incompetent writer for Airgunner
    UKAHFT, World and SiHFT Recoiling champ 2017

Quote Originally Posted by scutter View Post
    Q. Once telescopics sights have been set they should not be moved.

Gary"
    That tells me the dickhead is just a troll trying to stir it, if he/she had ever been to a UKAHFT rules shoot he/she would know that scopes can not be altered, ever for any reason. The only exception to that is for extremes where you are allowed to alter parralax
    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons"

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!
    Gary have you still got those pics of the Shepreth UKAHFT pre season from a couple of years ago? If I remember rightly a few target rifles got covered in mud and snow!
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

Quote Originally Posted by jagxkrs View Post
    That tells me the dickhead is just a troll trying to stir it, if he/she had ever been to a UKAHFT rules shoot he/she would know that scopes can not be altered, ever for any reason. The only exception to that is for extremes where you are allowed to alter parralax
    You mean the Extreme competition, as opposed to extreme targets themselves

Plenty of FT guns getting rough treatment at Millride's FT GP...

here's one showing you don't need a pcp or top whatever to join in the fun

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    I must admit that, having bought heavily into the philosophy of Sporting Air Rifle prior to the advent of HFT, I used to look askance at competitors using FT rigs in a scenario intended to resemble hunting. These days, I've resigned myself to the death of the old SAR mindset and accepted that HFT has evolved. I am regularly beaten in club comps by a guy shooting a TX200 (and he takes most of his shots kneeling) and sometimes achieve better scores myself with an HW97 than I do with a PCP costing 3 times as much.

D.
    What's worse (or better depending on the point of view), we have several HFT shooters in our region that come along and spank our behinds shooting SFT with just 10x scopes and guestimation of target distance, in FT comps.

There's been so many examples over the years of good shooters with gear that some would be think be unsuitable, being not only competitive in FT, but taking home some scalps as well.

I've seen it too many times to know that kit may make a better shooter better, but it's not going to stop a better shooter beating you...

Thinking about the most esoteric and extreme kit you can buy for both FT and HFT, which would weigh you in at probably £4-5k (new off the shelf say March scope for HFT and FT + pcp) in either, and i'd say there's nothing in that which would enable someone to hold back a shooter with gear costing a tenth of that new off the shelf, or even less second hand.

It's a myth. It's been busted so many times. Short of dumping a season or two to prove it, i'm not sure there's much else more people can do or say.

I suppose, what you could say is put money where mouth is, buy the most expensive kit, and then if you don't win everything, you have to donate it to who ever does

any takers

Speaking as a retailer; some people who have never owned an air rifle before just want to buy the best. Now whatever the best might be is subjective, of course. These sort of buyers don't seem to care what is they're buying as long as they're satisfied it's the 'best'. Now if those people then go and shoot HFT with their fancy dandy finery, gasp shock horror, they'll still need to put in the practice. It's the idiot hanging off the trigger that makes all the difference.