Thread: Benjamin Franklin model no 342

Benjamin Franklin model no 342

Hello to one and all,whilst sorting stuff out in my loft i came across 3 old air rifles,a .22 webley under lever,a ben franklin pump up in .22 and a daisy powerline pump up in .22. Has anybody any idea if there is a mount for the ben franklin to put a scope on as im no good with iron sights,also the daisy doesn`t hold any pressure would this be the seals that have gone and if so does anybody know where i could get a seal kit from.All 3 rifles are from the late 70`s,thanks in advance for replies.

Blimey

All I ever find in our attic are boxes of old clothes and pigeon poop .

Nice kit .

I had a 342 back in the 80s after I gave up on springers . Great gun powerful and accurate . I think I had some mounts to fit a scope but pump ups always are awkward with a scope fitted arn,t they ?

Carl.
    " This , is MY safety "

Benjamin 342

What about pro blocks that clamp on the barrel. Jenny Dipple

Thats what I had . The pro blocks clamped to the barrel then you can fit any scope no problem but it gets in the way when pumping .

I wonder how many Sharps rifles got cream crackered by people holding it wrong when pumping it cos the scope was in the way ?

Similarly if you clamped your left hand over the scope , you often lost your zero with repeated charging of the gun I found .

I would love a 342 Benjamin now though , they seem to come up for sale very often do they ? Wheras Sharps are always on the forum sales .

I guess a lot more Sharps were sold , and perhaps they were more robust ?

Carl.
    " This , is MY safety "