Thread: Can you use .177cal bb with Umarex magazine?

Can you use .177cal bb with Umarex magazine?

Hi guys got a Umarex cpsport and a nickel Beretta 92fs which shares the same rotary metal magazine. Question is can you use .177 cal steel bbs and would it damage the rifleing or the swirled grooves in the barrel. Thought i'd ask before I go ahead and do possible damage. Also can you get 3 dot sights for the Beretta 92fs. Think they called trijicon or something? If so where. Cheers.
    Last edited by beretta92fs; 28-01-2010 at 10:35 PM.

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    Welcome to the forum, hope you like it here.
    Steel BBs will ruin the rifling, it's best to use pellets. Not sure if you can use BBs in those mags anyway.

Thank you very much. I really enjoy my time here. Been coming here for 3weeks. Thought i'd join cos it makes me feel like home. Cheers for the advice.

Steel BBs would not be usable in the Umarex 8-shot rotary magazines as they'd just fall out. They wouldn't do the rifling much good either. Lead BBs would be fine for the rifling but you've still got the problem of keeping them in the mags.

The question to my mind is why would you want to use them? You'd get a lot less power because of blow-by (BB not sealing well in the barrel), and a lot less accuracy too. Then if you're not shooting them into a box or trap with something soft to catch the BBs, you've got them bouncing back at you.

I got rid of my Umarex PPK because it shot BBs. Fun to shoot because of the blowback action, but I shoot in my garage and shooting at anything but a cardboard box stuffed with rags could get a bit hairy. If you've seen the scene in Star Wars where they are stuck in the trash compactor room and Han Solo fires his blaster you'll know what I mean
    So that meant I was stuck with paper targets, but it was inaccurate so that wasn't much fun either.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Cheers for that I had a ppk too. As much fun as the blowback goes the accuracy is worse than a water pistol lol. I shall stick with my good ol pellets. Got another tin of promatch pellets. I love to hang my empty cans on a clothes line and tape my paper target to it and shoot it that way. Shoot the can while its still flying from the previous hit and see if I can bullseye it again:-)

92f + lead bb

I have been using lead bb (gamo) for years in my 92f, they give more power and are easy to load, they don't fall out and are just as accurate as pellets, they also work fine in my ppk. try some and see for yourself. I think the extra power is because there is less surface area, therfore less drag in the mag'. poetry unintentional.

Ive got some Gamo lead bbs. Never thought to try em in Umarex. Will now have a go.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    I'd stick with pellets in a pellet gun. Start experimenting, and you're inviting damage to the pistol, and jams.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone