Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: April Police Pistol results

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

April Police Pistol results

There weren't as many entrants this time as there usually are, but that's understandable, given that the always-busiest last weekend of the Competition was itself in competition with the UBC's Greyhound meet, and the FT competition.

In the OPTICAL Division:

PAD E. came in second with a score of 216: 92, 88, 36 - with an Anics Skif, and Laser sights.

The Winner is SOL1821. Sol used a Colt Gold Cup, red dot sight, and Geco pellets to pull off a whopping 289! This must be the highest score yet, or close to it.

In the OPEN Division:

PAD E. scored 107, 96, 48 = 251 with an Umarex HK, USP smoothbore (!), and steel BB's.

Next up the ladder was JEFL, with a 109, 104, 54 = 267. Jef used a Smith, and Geco pellets.

Then came an unbelievable TIE between JANMc, and JIMMc: not only did both get a total score of 268m but both achieved it the same way: 110, 106, 52. Both used a Smith 686-6: Jan used H&N Match pellets, Jim used RWS Hobby.

In third place was FRONTBRAKE: 108, 109, 56 = 273. Alan used a Beretta.

Second spot went to PAUL55, with a 109, 110, 55 = 274. Paul used another one of those great Smiths: a massive 586-8.

And the winner is...

....a TIE! ADAM77k, and SOL1821! Both shot a 285, and both used a CP88, and Geco pellets.

Side Match:

PAD E. used his Optical rig to score a 30.

All others used their Open match rigs:

JIMMc scored 85: a third place finish, despite the low score.

In second place was PAUL55 with a score of 95.

And the winner is...

...a 3-way tie! JEFL, MIKE145, and JANMc: all scored 130!

OK, that's it for this month. Now, get out back and start practicing for May!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    thanks for running this comp Jim, and for another great write up
    roll on next season
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Another great write up Jim

289 Sol Way to go

Spooky scores from you & Jan, what's the odds on that

This is such a great comp, thanks again for running this.
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Thanks, Sol and Paul!

Spooky scores indeed! But yes, we did shoot separate targets, and on separate occasions. I didn't realize they matched until checking what I'd done earlier, so I could tell her how her scores compared to mine. We were stunned!

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Great competition this one, I always end up shooting far too quickly and have loads of time left.

What about that side shoot? It's got to be the best one yet, it took me a good forty minutes to work out how to shoot it. Not helped of course by Targetbunny's misleading mathematics

Thanks Jim for organising the competition, and with those matching scores it must be an omen for something, go buy a lottery ticket, you never know......
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jefL View Post

Thanks Jim for organising the competition, and with those matching scores it must be an omen for something, go buy a lottery ticket, you never know......
    Only one of you though, there's no point in you both buying tickets, the numbers will only match
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

Great competition this one, I always end up shooting far too quickly and have loads of time left.

What about that side shoot? It's got to be the best one yet, it took me a good forty minutes to work out how to shoot it. Not helped of course by Targetbunny's misleading mathematics

One good omen: as I was typing the report on the results, our new mayor was being sworn in. I believe he's going to be a good one! We haven't had a good one in over 30 years.

Jim

Hi All.

Here is the >>Final Leader Board<< , with the Top 5 Rd Scores Added.

Congratulations to the winners.

I hope to improve next season with my Hk USP.

I also tend to rush my shooting I just need to compose myself a bit better.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Quote Originally Posted by sol1821 View Post
    Only one of you though, there's no point in you both buying tickets, the numbers will only match

I rarely buy lottery tickets. Ever hear the old theory that your chances of winning if you do buy one are about as good as if you don't?

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    Hi All.

Here is the >>Final Leader Board<< , with the Top 5 Rd Scores Added.

Congratulations to the winners.

I hope to improve next season with my Hk USP.

Regards
    Paddy.
    6 / 10...hmmm....I could improve my scores, but there's a lot of great shooting talent in the positions ahead of me, that's for sure!

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post

Regards
    Paddy.
    I think that was confirmed by your performance this weekend. It was good to see you having more time to shoot than previous meets, and good to see you posting higher scores that reflect your true potential. A third place and only one wooden spoon, things are definitely looking up Paddy, let's hope it continues.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

I think that was confirmed by your performance this weekend. It was good to see you having more time to shoot than previous meets, and good to see you posting higher scores that reflect your true potential. A third place and only one wooden spoon, things are definitely looking up Paddy, let's hope it continues.
    Also: people shoot differently with different pistols. The Anics Skif doesn't seem to work for you. The Umarex HK DOES. If I were you, that's the one I'd stick with.

Jim

Thanks Jef.

I did get more of a chance to shoot at the meet, mainly due to Sloan doing the admin work with the scores on the lap top

I came third in the PP comp. Even Jason was surprised when he saw me shoot it

For a moment I thought I could actually win it then Mike submitted his score & pipped me & then Sol put the last entry in. I know I should of closed that one early

I even came forth on the IPAS on Saturday & then last on the Sunday. I'm just so consistantly inconsistant.

It's now the start of a new season on all comps, so I now know what I need to focas on.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Congratulations to all that shot.

The side shoot was quite challenging with my eyes but fun none the less.

My final round score seems to be missing though

Regards

Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Also: people shoot differently with different pistols. The Anics Skif doesn't seem to work for you. The Umarex HK DOES. If I were you, that's the one I'd stick with.

Jim

Having said that Jim.

I came second on the Speed Memory Shoot with my Skif. Again Sol was the last person to shoot it & won it fair & square
    BE-HAPPY-OK