Thread: Which MK Airsporter stock do I have and what's it worth?

Which MK Airsporter stock do I have and what's it worth?

Hello

I'm trying to figure out which mk Airsporter stock I have, before I put it up for sale. It doesn't fit my mk4 action (which I think is the same as the mk5) so is it a mk3 or mk6? Also, can anyone give a rough estime on how much it's worth? It's in pretty good original condition, and has a nice grain, as can be seen in the pics attached.

Any comments welcome.

Cheers

http://s900.photobucket.com/albums/a...orter%20stock/

Quote Originally Posted by MRVEG View Post
    Hello

I'm trying to figure out which mk Airsporter stock I have, before I put it up for sale. It doesn't fit my mk4 action (which I think is the same as the mk5) so is it a mk3 or mk6? Also, can anyone give a rough estime on how much it's worth? It's in pretty good original condition, and has a nice grain, as can be seen in the pics attached.

Any comments welcome.

Cheers

http://s900.photobucket.com/albums/a...orter%20stock/
    Hi MrVeg

I think it looks the same as this one
    From memory, it's a MK6 though i think it'll fit a MK5 too

can't help with a valuation, i guess it depends upon how much someone needs one...

I think yours has been re-finished with dark stain as i'm sure that they were the same boring yellow colour as mine

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

For my money it will be from a MK5 or MK6, both have the same part no in Hiller. Not a MK7 as no chequering behind trigger.
    atb
    dogsbody

Thanks for the replies

I've just rechecked the Airsporter action I have and it's a GL prefix which makes it a mk6, not mk4 as I stated in my original post - when I 1st checked it in Hillier's I thought it was stamped GI. The loading tap doesn't line up with the recess in the stock though, so maybe it's a mk4 stock then.

cheers

Hiller shows a similar stock on a MKIII (and/or late MKII) parts diagram, otherwise doesn't seem to mention the MKIII. I thought the recoil pad came in with the MK IV but I am probably wrong as usual
    atb
    dogsbody

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by dogsbody View Post
    Hiller shows a similar stock on a MKIII (and/or late MKII) parts diagram, otherwise doesn't seem to mention the MKIII. I thought the recoil pad came in with the MK IV but I am probably wrong as usual
    atb
    dogsbody

I vaguely remember seeing an airsporter mk3 and stock was the ugliest airsporter stock imaginable, possibly why there were so few of them

John
    Last edited by johnbaz; 29-01-2010 at 05:48 PM. Reason: cuz eye karnt spel !!!!!
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/