Thread: MTC Viper 4x16x50

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ettie ket is offline If it bleeds we can kill it!
    i purchased mine second hand without the side wheel, objective cover, spacer and sushade missing, phoned mtc and the spares were only £18.00 posted plus the scope is good quality. thumbs up for me
    [I]Beretta 682 Gold E, Winchester x2 s/a (9 shot), Sbs the basque, Cz trap, Cz .22lr Silhouette 16 inch Synthetic sirocco sm11 , Cz .17 hmr varmint 16 inch sak mod mtc 4-16 x50ir. Tikka t3 lite with t4 mod .223 plus 22/250 on ticket.

mtc vipir

I totally agree, I have had 3 of these excellent scopes and am looking for another, they are brilliant, very clear and represent excellent value for money

Hi,
    I have two of these scopes both purchased around three to four years ago. I agree optics where very good for the money when new, both mine have now got lots of fine black spots on inside of glass.

My impression of these is reasonable price and good glass(when new) unfortunately don't seem to last. I have had 100% failure rate in my experience's with the Viper's, compared to a 5-15 x 40 Bushnell Legend I purchased around the same time(second hand) this is as good as new.

I did find the Vipers a very nice scope to use on airguns the reticle one of the most useful, unfortunately I expected a longer service life. Maybe I have been very unlucky with mine but would not purchase another.

Martin
    Sako 85 Varmint stainless .308win-Tikka T3 Varmint .223rem.-Sako Quad varmint .17hmr- Beretta 682 gold E--Browning T-bolt .22lr-Anchutz 1417.22lr-Benelli M2 12g 7+1- Marlin 1864c .357mag- Daystate Airwolf .177- Daystate Mk3 .20

Quote Originally Posted by Pepperdog View Post
    Hi,
    I have two of these scopes both purchased around three to four years ago. I agree optics where very good for the money when new, both mine have now got lots of fine black spots on inside of glass.

My impression of these is reasonable price and good glass(when new) unfortunately don't seem to last. I have had 100% failure rate in my experience's with the Viper's, compared to a 5-15 x 40 Bushnell Legend I purchased around the same time(second hand) this is as good as new.

I did find the Vipers a very nice scope to use on airguns the reticle one of the most useful, unfortunately I expected a longer service life. Maybe I have been very unlucky with mine but would not purchase another.

Martin
    So what happened when you phoned MTC, did they repair the scopes, give you new ones ?

I'm guessing they told you to go and do one as you have been left with unworkable scopes? Very bad business

Quote Originally Posted by Pepperdog View Post
    Hi,

Martin
    i had mine when they 1st came out, i too have found that black spots are on the glass, which makes the image a little crappy, however i still highly rate them

Quote Originally Posted by rickysdaystate View Post
    i had mine when they 1st came out, i too have found that black spots are on the glass, which makes the image a little crappy, however i still highly rate them
    ..Hell, MTC must be ducking responsibility..what happened when you called them?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    ..Hell, MTC must be ducking responsibility..what happened when you called them?
    i havent bothered calling them i didnt realise it was a folt, i just thought it was the quality of the glass, what would you reccomend?

Quote Originally Posted by rickysdaystate View Post
    i havent bothered calling them i didnt realise it was a folt, i just thought it was the quality of the glass, what would you reccomend?
    Think he means to give MTC a call.

Oh and Falcon suffer the same issue too.
    Purbeck Field Target Club.