Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MTC Viper 4x16x50

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rickysdaystate View Post
    i havent bothered calling them i didnt realise it was a folt, i just thought it was the quality of the glass, what would you reccomend?
    Think he means to give MTC a call.

Oh and Falcon suffer the same issue too.
    Purbeck Field Target Club.

Isn't rocket science..

If you get a faulty scope..call the manufacturer. All sorts of things can happen. When you have sold x thousand scopes you will have coating problems, internal paint problems, turrets falling off..pretty much everything.

If somebody prefers to keep a scope then knock quality so be it, but we do prefer to correct issues. Every MTC customer should have a scope they are happy with.

Why do people come on here slagging manufactures off, if you have a problem give them a call, i have read a lot of stuff on this forum and have nothing but praise for the work gary and sammie do.
    I have just sold both my vipers so i can try out the new mamba lite range of scopes, when you find a company who have a proven record of customer care and quality items, then thats who is going to get my business.

all the best,
    mark, a very happy mtc customer

Hi,
    I am not "slagging" the scope's as you crudely put it just merely making a statement of fact. As I said in my original post apart from very minor issues a very good scope when new. Only after four years use it has developed spotting on glass, apart from Hawke I have not had this issue with any other scope.

After owning both my Vipers for around four years I did not think any warranty would still apply. Both my scopes come from very well known stockist that only gave a 12 month warranty with the product.

As the term of ownership had been so long I assumed it was a fault I had to live with, or budget for replacements.

If I were to purchase replacements has this fault been corrected with the newer scopes?

Martin
    Sako 85 Varmint stainless .308win-Tikka T3 Varmint .223rem.-Sako Quad varmint .17hmr- Beretta 682 gold E--Browning T-bolt .22lr-Anchutz 1417.22lr-Benelli M2 12g 7+1- Marlin 1864c .357mag- Daystate Airwolf .177- Daystate Mk3 .20

Quote Originally Posted by Pepperdog View Post
    Hi,
    I am not "slagging" the scope's as you crudely put it just merely making a statement of fact. As I said in my original post apart from very minor issues a very good scope when new. Only after four years use it has developed spotting on glass, apart from Hawke I have not had this issue with any other scope.

After owning both my Vipers for around four years I did not think any warranty would still apply. Both my scopes come from very well known stockist that only gave a 12 month warranty with the product.

As the term of ownership had been so long I assumed it was a fault I had to live with, or budget for replacements.

If I were to purchase replacements has this fault been corrected with the newer scopes?

Martin
    There should have been a manual in the box. I wrote it. There is a crappy website. I wrote it.
    Both state the warranty terms clearly.

I am not one for giving advice, but if it were me I'd be a reading

MTC Viper4x16x50

got one of these on an Air Ranger.22 FAC,Found it to be excellent except when the light just starts to go,then its pack up and go time.I dont know much about scopes, it was on the gun when I bought it.I presume this is the norm for cheaper end scopes??

Ooh yes just spotted 3 years warrenty, noted on first page of user manual, Warrenty still expired.
    Sako 85 Varmint stainless .308win-Tikka T3 Varmint .223rem.-Sako Quad varmint .17hmr- Beretta 682 gold E--Browning T-bolt .22lr-Anchutz 1417.22lr-Benelli M2 12g 7+1- Marlin 1864c .357mag- Daystate Airwolf .177- Daystate Mk3 .20

I find the features on MTC scopes are very good for the money.The only thing that i don't like is the weight,far too heavy!Also other manufacturers like Falcon,their 30mm scopes are weighty too.

Maybe a Mamba Lite will be the way to go.I'm not sure a 30mm tube is needed so long as the glass is good quality.

Try the Mamba

Quote Originally Posted by vizman View Post
    I find the features on MTC scopes are very good for the money.The only thing that i don't like is the weight,far too heavy!Also other manufacturers like Falcon,their 30mm scopes are weighty too.

Maybe a Mamba Lite will be the way to go.I'm not sure a 30mm tube is needed so long as the glass is good quality.

The 30mm Mambas are a lot lighter than the Vipers. I have one on my Daystate and it is definitely a keeper!

mtc viper 6-24 X 56

How do you guys rate the mtc viper 6-24 X 56 ? Thinking of buying one. Any other suggestions ?

Thanks

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    Quote Originally Posted by airsport View Post
    How do you guys rate the mtc viper 6-24 X 56 ? Thinking of buying one. Any other suggestions ?

Thanks
    It is an excelent scope, I have one on my bunny bashing rig.

That said, it is quite a large scope, and Gary did at the time suggest that for hunting I may consider something smaller with a lower mag...say 3-12x44 ish.

Anyway, it is one hell of a scope, for the money or otherwise.

I also have 3 of their Mamba lites, which are excellent little scopes that wont upset the balance of a rifle (particularly a light one).

I also fancy one of their new viper connect scope I will be buying one as soon as they hit the country.

Looks like it will have all the atributes of the old connect, and none of the few faults....win win

Info is on their website.

I dont really think you can go wrong with MTC.

Sadly,one of my lites had a defective windage turret. Sammie replaced it immediately without so much as a...well...nothing

At the end of the day, Gary and Sammie do everything but actually build the things, so as far as they know the scopes have been tested and are of the expected quality...I guess a friday afternoon job can get in anywhere

Try one
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

My dealings with Mtc

My scope took a knock a few weeks ago i sent it off to Mtc they had a look and it was fine, i told sammie to put an invoice in the box when they returned it.....no invoice in box
    Good customer service and thats why i have two Mtc scopes on my rifles
    Thank you Mtc

ps Gary/Sammie If you just forgot to put invoice in box please send me bill

would the cost of repair be uneconomic? as labour charges are so high.

Thumbs up Mtc

My mate has two Vipers and having a look through his was all i needed to want one of my own and should be arriving soon,really looking forward to it.

The time that i have been a member i have never seen Gary or Sammie being unreasonable in any threads and infact seem to bend over backwards to help and keep their customers happy

I say thumbs up to them
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

Quote Originally Posted by jumbuck View Post
    My mate has two Vipers and having a look through his was all i needed to want one of my own and should be arriving soon,really looking forward to it.

The time that i have been a member i have never seen Gary or Sammie being unreasonable in any threads and infact seem to bend over backwards to help and keep their customers happy

I say thumbs up to them
    Well i have the Viper and it is just superb, well impressed with it, best bit of dosh i spent in ages This is a keeper for sure!!!!!
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.