Thread: MTC Viper 4x16x50

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rickysdaystate View Post
    i had mine when they 1st came out, i too have found that black spots are on the glass, which makes the image a little crappy, however i still highly rate them
    ..Hell, MTC must be ducking responsibility..what happened when you called them?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    ..Hell, MTC must be ducking responsibility..what happened when you called them?
    i havent bothered calling them i didnt realise it was a folt, i just thought it was the quality of the glass, what would you reccomend?

Quote Originally Posted by rickysdaystate View Post
    i havent bothered calling them i didnt realise it was a folt, i just thought it was the quality of the glass, what would you reccomend?
    Think he means to give MTC a call.

Oh and Falcon suffer the same issue too.
    Purbeck Field Target Club.

Isn't rocket science..

If you get a faulty scope..call the manufacturer. All sorts of things can happen. When you have sold x thousand scopes you will have coating problems, internal paint problems, turrets falling off..pretty much everything.

If somebody prefers to keep a scope then knock quality so be it, but we do prefer to correct issues. Every MTC customer should have a scope they are happy with.

Why do people come on here slagging manufactures off, if you have a problem give them a call, i have read a lot of stuff on this forum and have nothing but praise for the work gary and sammie do.
    I have just sold both my vipers so i can try out the new mamba lite range of scopes, when you find a company who have a proven record of customer care and quality items, then thats who is going to get my business.

all the best,
    mark, a very happy mtc customer

Hi,
    I am not "slagging" the scope's as you crudely put it just merely making a statement of fact. As I said in my original post apart from very minor issues a very good scope when new. Only after four years use it has developed spotting on glass, apart from Hawke I have not had this issue with any other scope.

After owning both my Vipers for around four years I did not think any warranty would still apply. Both my scopes come from very well known stockist that only gave a 12 month warranty with the product.

As the term of ownership had been so long I assumed it was a fault I had to live with, or budget for replacements.

If I were to purchase replacements has this fault been corrected with the newer scopes?

Martin
    Sako 85 Varmint stainless .308win-Tikka T3 Varmint .223rem.-Sako Quad varmint .17hmr- Beretta 682 gold E--Browning T-bolt .22lr-Anchutz 1417.22lr-Benelli M2 12g 7+1- Marlin 1864c .357mag- Daystate Airwolf .177- Daystate Mk3 .20

Quote Originally Posted by Pepperdog View Post
    Hi,
    I am not "slagging" the scope's as you crudely put it just merely making a statement of fact. As I said in my original post apart from very minor issues a very good scope when new. Only after four years use it has developed spotting on glass, apart from Hawke I have not had this issue with any other scope.

After owning both my Vipers for around four years I did not think any warranty would still apply. Both my scopes come from very well known stockist that only gave a 12 month warranty with the product.

As the term of ownership had been so long I assumed it was a fault I had to live with, or budget for replacements.

If I were to purchase replacements has this fault been corrected with the newer scopes?

Martin
    There should have been a manual in the box. I wrote it. There is a crappy website. I wrote it.
    Both state the warranty terms clearly.

I am not one for giving advice, but if it were me I'd be a reading

My dealings with Mtc

My scope took a knock a few weeks ago i sent it off to Mtc they had a look and it was fine, i told sammie to put an invoice in the box when they returned it.....no invoice in box
    Good customer service and thats why i have two Mtc scopes on my rifles
    Thank you Mtc

ps Gary/Sammie If you just forgot to put invoice in box please send me bill

would the cost of repair be uneconomic? as labour charges are so high.
    Sako 85 Varmint stainless .308win-Tikka T3 Varmint .223rem.-Sako Quad varmint .17hmr- Beretta 682 gold E--Browning T-bolt .22lr-Anchutz 1417.22lr-Benelli M2 12g 7+1- Marlin 1864c .357mag- Daystate Airwolf .177- Daystate Mk3 .20