They are second focal plane thank goodness

I would like to know what glass is actually "better" than these scopes as I have used and owned Leupold/Zeiss/S&B/Swarovski/Pecar/Khales/NF/EB/and so on, there is a difference with the European glass and it may be resolution but I cannot say I found it "better" as the Taipan is just as clear as any of them and compared to a S&B 8x56 (with Taipan on 8x) it lasted just as long at low light

Now there must be a difference as some of the other scopes I have owned cost up to 4 times as much but in all honesty, (apart from the bragging value of owning a top quality model ) there is no way on earth the difference is worth the price tag involved, I can hit just as much and score just as high with MTC scopes as any others I have used, and I have owned just about everything I know of thats available (apart from IOR which I must admit blew me away!)

So its down to each persons eyes as far as I can make out, I still use Leupolds on heavy recoil rifles as its got nice safe eye relief And the Taipan sunshade can move under hefty recoil

I put my 4-16x50 Taipan on my HMR on Saturday and spent two days out rabbiting, superb scope for HMR, but as I aim off (dont use dial-in as cant be bothered) I prefer the SCB as it has more ballistic lines for windage and I needed quite a bit at the range I was shooting them!

No hint of any "whiteout" I have heard spoken about, might get it if your eye isnt in correct place, I have had that on £1600 scopes!

What a great looking scope too, the tele-shade has grown on me too, didnt like it at first and was going to remove it but as long as your rifle isnt a larger heavy recoiler I think its cute