Thread: MTC Taipan 4-16x50

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up

Good review of the Taipan.Will be looking at one shortly to go on my HMR.Will have to travel to Northallerton tho to get my mitts on one...that's the "local" stockist to me

Just a quick question if I may, are these scopes first or second focal plane?

Thanks

Chris

Looked through the Taipan this weekend. MTC glass which is ok for the money paid. Obviously there are better scopes around but often involve more of a price tag.

But in all honesty not a fan at all. The sun shade is flippin awful! Adds weight for what can only be described as a gimick and likely to become a real pain as the scope ages. The ret is altogether far too busy for my eye.

Personally when it comes to the Taipan I'd spend my money elsewhere

and I do own MTC scopes btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Macone View Post
    Looked through the Taipan this weekend. MTC glass which is ok for the money paid. Obviously there are better scopes around but often involve more of a price tag.

But in all honesty not a fan at all. The sun shade is flippin awful! Adds weight for what can only be described as a gimick and likely to become a real pain as the scope ages. The ret is altogether far too busy for my eye.

Personally when it comes to the Taipan I'd spend my money elsewhere

and I do own MTC scopes btw.
    Sorry you don't like the sunshade bro - I understand your POV. Some will, some won't. Which ret did you see? it's available in SCB and AMD

Is there a difference in the glass between the Viper and the Taipan?
    B.A.S.C | HW100Tuning KT250bar+reg+tune .177+4-16x50 | HW95.177 +4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune | TX200HC.22 + 4-16x44 | HW97KT.22 + 4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune

Quote Originally Posted by chrispti View Post
    Just a quick question if I may, are these scopes first or second focal plane?

Thanks

Chris
    Does nobody know

2ND unless I am mistaken

Thumbs up

Well drove down to Northallerton Shooting supplies today to have a "look" at the Taipan(well that's what i told the missus).Anyway when i got my hands on the Taipan i was very impressed with the build quality,finish & look of the scope.

The model i opted for 4-16 x50 with the AMD reticle on a look through the optics through the full mag & parrallax scale the view was very sharp & bright with the sunshade extended & retracted.

The rest of the package was of similiar quality,double strap mounts & sidewheel which all adds up to very good value for money.

Whilst i was in a spend free frame of mind i also "treat" meself to the MTC laser rangefinder which is also a quality item.
    Now just need the weather to get it's act together so i can get out with the HMR to get all my new toys working together.