Been looking at and through this today, first impressions are its very nice indeed, obviously based on the Viper, first thing I notice is the finish is so much better, this is more like what you find on really expensive scopes

All controls work smoothly, really like the new shape of turrets and the new way they lock up, the telescopic sunshade sounds a bit funky but it works smoothly and doesnt look like it telescopes, just looks like it has a Butler Creek type of cap but it doesnt

This one has the new type of ret (dont know what its called at moment but will update with pics asap) which has lots of aimpoints without the ladder style of the popular SCB of the Mamba and Viper models (which I am a fan of) but this is less "fussy" yet retains all those aimpoints and the familar floating x hair

The IR has been very nicely updated and works effortlessly with choice of red or green, plus "remembers" what setting it was on when you next use it

Comes with a handy Leupold style cushioned scope protective slip over cover

Not sure of price at moment but either Gary will see this and tell me or I will update when I have used scope properly

Looking through it I am comparing it with a £1500 NF and a Bushnell 3200 which covers fireams and airgun types as the Taipan easily works for either

Back soon