Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BSA Gunlaying Teacher.......

BSA Gunlaying Teacher.......

I would appreciate the "experts" advise on this old BSA i'm looking for a valuation on.Once I can establish a price (to sell) I will start a new sales thread.......

This teacher still has signs of green paint on it & was (i'm advised) used by the New Zealand army for training purposes.It has N.Z.A. stamped on it & is in working order.As you are aware these are mega rare & very rarely come up for sale...I can't remember one anyway!You are more likely to find a Military pattern or a .25 BSA than one of these...i'm told...Could this be one of the ones mentioned in the Blue book of airguns used in the Valentine Tanks around the 1950's...?

So what's it worth....? I know only as much as someone is willing to offer...but it must have a "market value"..?Over to you....

Thanks for posting pics Scott...i'm not that much older than you....i've just had a stressfull life up to now anyway.

I would be interested if any members have ever seen one sold or indeed own one...you can PM me if you don't want to advertise the fact you have one on the open forum..I will not reveal any details unless advised too.

Wanted - Venom Mach 1/2 Trigger

The one mentioned by 'Nailer' and the one currently discussed are probably/possibly one and the same being that which was offered for sale by Dennis Hiller a few years ago.
    I think I probably still have his original advert. I know he did take a while to move it on, as although they are undoubtedly rare, as 'Trevorj' says they have little aestethic appeal, but are a great addition to any BSA collection nonetheless.

Thank you for the replys gentlemen.I guess because they very rarely come up for sale it's difficult to put a comparitive price on one...?If any other members can add too this thread i'd be greatfull...especially if they can suggest a market value for this,as once I establish that i'd offer it up for sale.

If no one can offer a comparitive price...i'd probably have to go to an auction to get the "going rate"...suggestions please (clean ones!!)

Hello All,

Interesting thread. Not the type of Gun layer I have seen in the past – that one had a couple of large brass elevation wheels attached.
    Still, cat among the pigeons time and to start the ball rolling, I would guess a BSA collector might pay £500:00.
    As slug gun said “they have little aesthetic appeal, but are a great addition to any BSA collection nonetheless. “

But what would I know ……………

Sam

Thanks Sam...any constructive comments are welcome.I guessed their wouldn't be many in the hands of fellow BBS members & I appreciate they aren't that appealing to "mainstream" airgun collectors.Perhaps their full value would be realised more from a military angle than an airgun one...?

I did read somewhere only 200 or so were produced,so from that point of view they are perhaps rarer than any other production BSA.? Thanks again...anyone else have a view..?

Here is an old advert from Dennis Hiller's lists, as mentioned by Chris above, which may or may not be of any use. Typing was never his strong point.

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Many thanks Danny...you are an oracle...or something like that... this one looks to be the very one mentioned in the first ad.

Many thanks to those that have contributed so far....

Any other educated valuations.....

Smile BSA tank fitting

Har!Garvin.DH didn't do badly-getting that old shooter for a Webley Premier! I actually paid $NZ80 for it-complete with target system-really needed two blokes to carry this lot!Trev

Quote Originally Posted by trevor1 View Post
    Har!Garvin.DH didn't do badly-getting that old shooter for a Webley Premier! I actually paid $NZ80 for it-complete with target system-really needed two blokes to carry this lot!Trev
    What's more Trev, a Mark II Premier according to your post on that other thread!

The asking price does seem eye-watering but we don't know what, if anything, DH actually got for it....
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Anymore for anymore.......valuations that is!

I guessed there wouldn't be many members who could offer a valuation based on....the last one they saw for sale/sold....

keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    Rare it might be but without a 25 pounder to bolt it to it is as much use as a chocolate tea pot, so unless you are a rich BSA collector it is worthless.