Thread: Air Arms S400/410 safety retrofit

Skimmer Guest

Air Arms S400/410 safety retrofit

Hi
    Just had a response from Air Arms that the Safety catch mod will be available for previous rifles, but that they havent decided yet whether this will be as a part or as a "return to factory" fit.

excellent, id have one fitted. Nice to have one up the barrel and still safe One of the many good features of the falcon hawk I had.

Beano Guest
    i'd be interested in getting one fitted, any ideas how it will look/work??

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    Jus IMHO, but .....

I bought an AA400 (GREAT little gun, and well supported in many different ways and by many different BBSers in most areas of this board) and one of the reasons I like it is that it DOESN'T have a safety.

Safety's MY responsibility and I prefer NOT to have to think about whether the safety is on or off, or set/working properly. I just know that when it's loaded it's always unsafe, and when it's empty it's a little bit safer (but remember that no one else knows that).

My AA won't be in line for a retrofit.

Having a safety fitted wouldn't stop me buying a gun (my ol' 77k had one and my Rapid Mk2's got one) ...... I just don't/won't use them.

Biggles

Quote Originally Posted by biggles
    Safety's MY responsibility and I prefer NOT to have to think about whether the safety is on or off, or set/working properly. I just know that when it's loaded it's always unsafe, and when it's empty it's a little bit safer (but remember that no one else knows that).
    Biggles
    I agree with your opinion. The only safe gun is an unloaded gun. (I.M.O.)
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Skimmer Guest
    Personally I prefer both safety checks - your own disciplines and a physical safety. I think it is a high minded principle to want your own discipline to be safety enough - but a physical safety offers yet another layer of security - NOT - a substitute for your own control.

But - anyway - I only posted the info because people were talking about sesing the new revised rifles, and asking if it would be a retro fit - and so I checked with AA to ask and posted the response for all.
    Last edited by Skimmer; 13-10-2004 at 11:23 PM.

Agreed that safety is the shooters responsibility. Is it not safer to have a safety cathch then? When you have a shot open to you, you load, and the shot goes from you...is it not better to put the safety on, rather than worry about a loaded gun. I hate guns with auto safety (Theoben Fenman is the only one I have had like that), i prefer a completly manual one.

Am i missing something ?

Cheers

Andy