Thread: alros.177 trailsman,low on power?

alros.177 trailsman,low on power?

hi all,as you may have read on a previous thread i have been fiddling about with my single shot.177 slim tube air reservoir trailsman for a few weeks now,all is honky dory apart from i am not sure wether it is down on power or not,despite changing the o ring on the bolt probe and those on the air reservoir mating surfaces and a stronger hammer spring and trying a variety of pellets with a 200 bar fill the best it will do is 10fpe.is this the best it should do?before i did all the above best power was 9.5fpe.. if not can anybody point me in the right direction for a little more oooompf....cheers greasemonkey

no one else had this problem? had a thought and have just changed the valve spring for a lighter one, will chrono tommorow..cheers ..greasemonkey

Alros

Hi Like yourself I bought an Alros some months ago and the seller had it serviced at my local gunshop before i got hold of it. The shop gave it to me with a certificate showing that it had been set at 11.4ft/lb. I was under the impression from the shop that it was capable of going over the legal limit. the shop i used was Target sports at Bolton. Your air is going some wherebut not behind the pellet good luck. howard5760.

hi howard,i believe the air is getting behind the pellet but not in sufficient quantity.this gun i got in a deal with an old mate who had it from new .i believe it had never been stripped before i got it.it may be the case that it has always been low on power there is a slotted spring preload adjustment screw in the hammer to increase and decrease power..when i stripped the air valve today the spring was extremly strong,in fact impossible to compress at all between the fingers.i replaced it with a lighter one, i am hoping when i chrono it tommorow things have improved somewhat..cheers..greasemonkey