Thread: Nickel plated Sharp Ace info wanted

Nickel plated Sharp Ace info wanted

Hi folks, I`ve just become a proud owner of a nickel plated Sharp Ace and wondered how many on here have run across them before?
    Talking to a mate the other day and he said he remembered reading an article on them a few years ago, just wondered how many were made or did they have to be ordered from Sharp?

Also the is a small patch of nickel missing, any ideas if this could be touched up or repaired without a complete re-plating?
    Any advice or info would be most welcome
    Regards Graham
    Money can't buy you happiness .. But it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.

Spike Milligan

Hi Graham,

Rumour has it that the Sharp factory in Japan could provide a custom finish option for the domestic market.

But more than likely it's a third party UK custom job....any photo's?

Contact Mr Colin Malloy for advice on a total refinish, you might be pleasantly surprised as to the cost.
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

snipperuk Guest
    thought you was thinning out not buying

like jud said ... its very cheap to get plating done ,
    just alot of elbow grease in preparing .

quick fix would be touch up with metalic paint fron b&q you would be suprised on the finish

snipper

Chrome

Quote Originally Posted by snipperuk View Post
    thought you was thinning out not buying

like jud said ... its very cheap to get plating done ,
    just alot of elbow grease in preparing .

quick fix would be touch up with metalic paint fron b&q you would be suprised on the finish

snipper
    Hi andy and George Well I had to part with a Superstar to get it and have thinned out a little the last couple of weeks I have to have something to tinker with.

Had a good look at her and decided its chrome not nickel and only a very small patch missing by the breech so I will leave her be for now. I think she was done at the factory though because its looks spot on everywhere else, I`ll try and post some pics ( not tried that before? )
    ATB Graham
    Money can't buy you happiness .. But it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.

Spike Milligan

Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar View Post
    Hi andy and George Well I had to part with a Superstar to get it and have thinned out a little the last couple of weeks I have to have something to tinker with.

Had a good look at her and decided its chrome not nickel and only a very small patch missing by the breech so I will leave her be for now. I think she was done at the factory though because its looks spot on everywhere else, I`ll try and post some pics ( not tried that before? )
    ATB Graham
    Chrome or nickel, Colins yer man to fix it Graham.
    Any problems with photo's just e-mail them to me and i'll sort them out.
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar View Post
    Hi folks, I`ve just become a proud owner of a nickel plated Sharp Ace and wondered how many on here have run across them before?
    Talking to a mate the other day and he said he remembered reading an article on them a few years ago, just wondered how many were made or did they have to be ordered from Sharp?

Also the is a small patch of nickel missing, any ideas if this could be touched up or repaired without a complete re-plating?
    Any advice or info would be most welcome
    Regards Graham
    I do have a couple of Chrome Innova,s & a factory chrome sheridan ( 1966 The only year they did them ) Ged

Here's Grahams Ace......

http://img684.imageshack.us/i/sharpace4.jpg/
    http://img193.imageshack.us/i/sharpace3.jpg/
    http://img233.imageshack.us/i/sharpace2.jpg/
    http://img9.imageshack.us/i/sharpace1.jpg/

Thats a third party job Graham, all the parts would have been plated if it was a factory job.

Cheers

Thanks for that George
    I think your right about it being after market Chroming, I was starting to think that the pump arm assembly should have been chromed too. Not to worry though! coz I can now let my imagination run with a few alterations without ruining a rarity

ATB Graham

Spike Milligan