Thread: Rapid@100yds

Rapid@100yds

One of Ben's fettled fac mk11's running at 965fps with fx's (jsb)shot prone off a bean bag. One group after the other. A bit of cant creeping in and it shows why 100yds vermin are just to far for air with the second group. Btw the drop is 13.5" off a 55yd zero.

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/u...1/IMG_0795.jpg

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/u...1/IMG_0794.jpg
    "Shooters, regardless of their preferred quarry, enjoy their sport for its ability to transfer them from their day-to-day life into a world where they can lose themselves for a few hours". B Potts.

verminhunter is offline The founder of the FAC .25 Big Boys Fan club
    Quote Originally Posted by stillair1 View Post
    One of Ben's fettled fac mk11's running at 965fps with fx's (jsb)shot prone off a bean bag. One group after the other. A bit of cant creeping in and it shows why 100yds vermin are just to far for air with the second group. Btw the drop is 13.5" off a 55yd zero.

Nice shooting though neil, wish i could do a photo to show you my groups at 100yds with a bis mag.
    I'm forever blowing "Bubbles"

And the .25 barracuda, another one that dont underestimate.

What I will say though when i had my MFR running AAfields at 880fps 28ftlb the groups were amazing. This is why i turned down the power on the Hornet special from 45ftlb to 34ftlb.
    I did tests with the hornet at 100yds and bis mags at 850fps and it produced a lovely clover leaf at that distance , at 45ftlb the groups were worse then yours.
    The .25 running at first 50ftlb then up to 53ftlb, at 100yds worse then yours, at 46ftlb 820fps now it produces groups that will shock you , again clover leaf. MFR .22 running at 32ftlb 820fps at 100yds again clover leaf.

Many tests are done up to 50 yds, the true sign is 70, 80, 90 and 100yds
    plus weather permitted of course . Ive had my fair share of tests, now I leave it all to others to follow through and see how they find things.

Sometimes you may be lucky and hit your targets, sometimes not, but for the most consistency in long range accuracy |I found my power level for my both rifles to be the best , for me anyway.
    Dont forget 18th feb neil.

funkedup is offline Surely you can do better than that!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by verminhunter View Post
    Nice shooting though neil, wish i could do a photo to show you my groups at 100yds with a bis mag.
    Why don't you?

I would be keen to see the various groups at various power levels you suggest.
    Wanted - Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16x42 tactical

Quote Originally Posted by funkedup View Post
    Why don't you?

I would be keen to see the various groups at various power levels you suggest.

I do, my daughters have their cameras and to let me take it to the farm is a no no and then i have to download which again i cant do, Iam doing well typing on here. If I need pictures of a watch that i sell on the sale section i have to ask either my two off springs or their boyfriends who kindly do them for me.

Wasnt a bad day actualy , bit cold but not windy at all, days like this are great for long range stuff, you get good results and true readings.

Once at cobham when we all met round rapidnicks, we all went down to the club for a 100yds shot-gun cartridge shoot, guess who won?
    Jon Budd, buddy boy with his 27ftlb AAfield, at that time I had the MFR running at 30ftlb with AAfields, should have left it at 28ftlb.

One day , just one day Iam gonna learn to do photos and to down load them otherwise Il have to get granpaw nickos to take afew snap shots and put them up here for you lads to see.

Quote Originally Posted by verminhunter View Post
    I'll get Benny to heducate you in uploading when we meet up Cos. Should I get some wind free moments this year I will be back on the case to go below 1 moa with a few more tricks up me sleeve.

Neil
    "Shooters, regardless of their preferred quarry, enjoy their sport for its ability to transfer them from their day-to-day life into a world where they can lose themselves for a few hours". B Potts.

Quote Originally Posted by stillair1 View Post

Just noticed this section.

NICE !!

That is some cracking groups there stillair1 you must be very pleased with your set up, also the speed they are going that must be as flat as is gets with an air rifle.

Cheers, T

It does what I want Tazy which is fill in between 12 ftlb and long range .22lr/hmr without the over travel probs of powder. I have a pair (.177&.22) running at the same trajectory, same model, scope, and trigger.
    Got to keep it simples for the nut behind the butt who will cock it up given half a chance..

Quote Stillair 1
    I have a pair (.177&.22) running at the same trajectory, same model, scope, and trigger.

That makes for good sense or is it cheating perhaps good idea though.
    Just goes to show with all the talk of not pushing the limits to far it can and is done well by people.

I've just picked up a nice Rapid in .22 and i have to confess I've never tried with any of my air rifles to shoot at a hundred yards, so next time i'm checking the zero on the Hummer i'm going to give it a go.

Hello
    i have a Rapid .22 30fts/lbs 23" with a Bushnell Elite 3200 10x tactical and i managed to do this grup at 92 m:
    http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/a...ronela/92m.jpg

Nice group ! About 4 cm with cross wind ? 16gr JsB pellets ?

Quote Originally Posted by Xristos View Post
    Nice group ! About 4 cm with cross wind ? 16gr JsB pellets ?
    yes with cross wind(right to left) and jsb exact 5.51

Xmas...

...before last I got cloverleaf groups at 72 yards with a Sam Rapid running @ 820 fps with Bis Mags.

Well below zero, absolutely still air and old shape Bis mags

Will try and post pic tonight.