Thread: John knibbs a "golden century" help

John knibbs a "golden century" help

Hello, can anyone let me know if the John knibbs "Golden Century" book has serial numbers and information for shotguns too? If so is sn.15153 in it?

I know it is in the wrong section, maybe the wrong forum but know how many helpful people lurk in this bit of the bbs especially when it comes to BSA stuff.
    Many thanks. Caddy

edbear2 Guest
    Hi Mate........is their a letter prefix to your serial?.....or a model name?........it has the index of prefixes without serials for air rifles , .22 internationals, rimmys and shotguns, which in turn gives the period of production (not the exact year, but the span.....ie; W= 12 gauge, "Regent Model"....MADE FOR THE RAF, 1940-45)

There is a similar section for their centerfire stuff, but nothing as comprehensive as the "black book" (the BSA airguns till 1914) which gives actual dates/dispatch info..

Hope this helps (maybe ask Mr Knibbs?) regards, ed

thanks ed

That answers that. It doesn't have any other letters. I know they made about 12 different grades of the BSA shotgun, and a lot of them were military trainers with two serials stamped onto them. It is just out of curiosity as it is not a fine example but more a utility gun, made well but no frills.
    Thanks Caddy.