Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BSA VS2000 Side Lever

Stratford-on-Avon

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    The Mach One rifles sold by Venom were handmade and in a class of their own and they are worth about three grand. The BSA prototype - given that it would have been a production rifle with a sale price of about £350 nowadays - is probably worth about £1,000 or thereabouts, given that there are only 10 or so around.

This sort of thing makes me think there should be an Airgun Museum, possibly an annexe of the National Car Museum at Stratford-on-Avon (because I like Shakespeare and it is near Birmingham) so that expensive turkeys like the VS2000 can be on display there as a warning to others.

The Pitt Rivers museum in Oxford's Natural History Museum has an excellent firearms collection hidden among the shrunken heads and Inuit anoraks, so there IS a precident. What say you all, the National Airgun Museum in Stratford-On-Avon? Donations? Somewhere to put a gun-laying BSA perchance?
    When visiting the UK for holidays I allways paid a visit to Stratford-on-Avon (upon Avon ?),but that was many years ago.
    Have spend many hours visiting the store of Bob Cooper,he allways had some interesting airguns standing in a corner
    It was kind of a mini-museum.

----------------------------
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by frakor View Post
    When visiting the UK for holidays I allways paid a visit to Stratford-on-Avon (upon Avon ?),but that was many years ago.
    Have spend many hours visiting the store of Bob Cooper,he allways had some interesting airguns standing in a corner

Frank
    Bob is sadly dead now and has been for some time, but i know what you mean.
    I bought my forrst gun from him in 1983 an hw80 for £102...robbing bas***d.

But I DID shoot the VS 2000 Back when I worked for BSA and I loved it, and if i did win the lottery I would buy one!

Quote Originally Posted by frakor View Post

Frank
    There used to be a fascinating arms and armour museum on Sheep Street, Stratford-upon-Avon. It had some excellent cutaway Webley revolvers. I do nto know if the museum is still there. Does anyone know? I have not been to the museum for 20 years.

It’s now all moved to about 5 miles out side town, its now called Stratford Armouries, Its a proper eclectic mix of exhibits, everything from Leonardo’s Crossbow to A sea dart missile.
    It has a restaurant, cafe, Meeting rooms, outdoor play and indoor play areas for kids.
    It has a few nice air gun exhibits, but in all its a great venue, well worth a visit.
    My little boy loves it!
    www.stratfordarmouries.co.uk/

I must visit Stratford Armouries, soon. Thanks for letting me know, Murl.