Thread: BSA Mercury Mk2 piston wanted

BSA Mercury Mk2 piston wanted

Afternoon all

I thought I would try stroking my Mercury using a Robb steel piston head. Unfortunately that didn't go as planned - as often is the case with a beer in one hand and a drill in the other and have managed to wreck the piston.

Does anyone have a spare piston for a Mk2 Mercury please. Alternatively I will consider simply selling the gun (.22) as is with both steel and plastic piston heads. I have no idea of price so will suggest £50 plus post.

Many thanks

mercury piston

you need a drill stand & vice to do the job properly,did you drill the hole in line with the original & break into it? it may be saveable the holes can be welded up a fresh one drilled,if you can post pics of the damage it would help, if you get stuck gunspares.co.uk might have a piston.

mercury piston

by the way TR Robb piston washers are ptfe(plastic) was yours steel? try a magnet on it, if it stick its probably an alloy bsa one O ring type.

Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    you need a drill stand & vice to do the job properly,did you drill the hole in line with the original & break into it? it may be saveable the holes can be welded up a fresh one drilled,if you can post pics of the damage it would help, if you get stuck gunspares.co.uk might have a piston.
    No I drilled at 90 degrees but drilled squint Chambers are out of stock.

Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    by the way TR Robb piston washers are ptfe(plastic) was yours steel? try a magnet on it, if it stick its probably an alloy bsa one O ring type.
    They do a steel option as well. I thought it would be a useful increase in piston weight.