Thread: Beating the inclement weather

Beating the inclement weather

My son came in with what I thought was a waste of money(A plastic BB Pistol). £4.99s worth.But to cut a long story short I put a paper target on the front of an open cardboard box,and found out that this little mites accuracy was just right for the length of our hall.We went through quite a few paper targets and spent a few hours plinking away while everything was a total whiteout outside.This was a great and unexpected bit of fun for both of us,so much so that I bought a pistol the same as his and then we found out that you can get paintball pellets for them(6mm)Oh joy.The rest is now history but did anyone else do anything like this beating the bad weather?Let me and others know what you did to beat our recent inclement weather.Anybody got any ideas?Yours,Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by jimcam View Post
    I bought a pistol the same as his and then we found out that you can get paintball pellets for them(6mm)Oh joy.
    So ...... are you going to have indoor paintball battles? The missus will love that

paintballs

In answer to your question the answer is no we've found a little field with a smallish forest on it just down the road from us and seen the farmer and got permission to shoot there(Both our rifles and paintballs).Yours,Jim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carter59 View Post
    So ...... are you going to have indoor paintball battles? The missus will love that

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Paintball and airsoft - like video games: something I don't know anything about, and don't want to, because I already have too many interests!

But you and your son had lots of fun, and that's what it's really all about.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

I've spent many a day doing things like that over the years, it's the best!

I used to have a £30 spring Marui Glock 17 that I plinked away with for entire days. There's just something about the simple satisfaction you get from shooting cheaply but well!

Another when I was younger was standing at the back door with my £5 Black Widow slingshot and a huge sack of metal BB's, blasting away at cans. The power you can get out of those things is jaw dropping!

Talking Fun

Hey Jimcam
    If the lad is that good why not let him enter the 6 yard sideshoots?
    Far as I can see there is no regulation AGAINST airsoft stuff. Same as Ewock canuse his TAC gear. Just approaching it from the opposite end really.
    And he will probably enjoy the PPC sdeshoot as well.

Go for it Kidcam.

Target Bunny
    Globus magnus volvere
    trepidex mea non est!