Thread: AA Tx200 Longrange?

AA Tx200 Longrange?

Hi all. Im considering getting a TX200 or Prosport and try my hand at longrange shooting. I recently caught the bug Im just wondering what caliber would be the best for extended distance plinking (50-100 yarders) with the occasional hunt 20 yard shots. Im more leaning towards 177 cal but I havent heard much about the .22 for these guns. Any inputs? Ive really been looking into a AA 410 for long range but the gear is tomuch to get into PCP for now so ill just pick up a quality springer for now I think.

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    my tx200 will do 85 yards(furthest possibly at range at the moment) consistently,
    its a .177
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    How much correction do you make for that distance? My TXHC drops about 3-4 inches at about 60 yards.

sol1821 is offline I'm back from resting, and I have the Jaffacakes!!
    i use a 35 yard zero and my 85 yard aim point is the post on my standard mill dot scope on x12 mag.
    not sure what that is in inches
    Particle physics gives me a hadron.
    Sliced bread.
    The best thing since ripped up bread.

tx200

hi ya buddy
    i use the tx200hc 177 and i hunt at 50mtrs if over if i plink then i like it to 65mtrs and thats only cause i set up in front of an old barn and now i cant go any further back and to lazy to move everything lol but i do like the 177's buddy

venomviper

http://www.100mairgun.nl/

There is an article almost to the bottom of the page for what can do a 12 ftlbs or 16 joule air gun in 100m in close range !
    I have a TX at 800 fps with 7.9gr almost new with no tuning yet at all and can make very good groups up to 90m in calm day. Pellets out of box and not serious try something that i am going to do in spring or summer. Its to cold now but i have see that i can make targeting at 70-80m for sure.

jay.t is offline Unique is an understatement, I'm just a messed up frog pimp.
    I'm going to try this myself, just need a quiet day at work to use the 100yd hangar, according to chairgun the drop will be around 30" equivalant to 7.5 mildot

pics to follow soon
    Don’t you find it Funny that after Monday(M) and Tuesday(T), the rest of the week says WTF?

Mine has zero at 50m and in x12 in my 6 up and 6 down dots Nikko i am not out of them at 100m using JsB express 7,9gr. I make plinking in windy days at more than 120m just with smaller magnification to keep in practice !

TX 200 and Crosman Premiers

My TX zeroed at 40yards with a velocity of 820fps was superb at long range
    in fact used by some really ace FT men it could do wedding ring groups at 65yards. It likes Crosman Premiers and these are very consistent

Talking tx 200

Hello i have a tx 200 mk3 in 0.177 i have it to do F.T and it is a very good gun for that

Quote Originally Posted by gumdrop View Post
    My TX zeroed at 40yards with a velocity of 820fps was superb at long range
    in fact used by some really ace FT men it could do wedding ring groups at 65yards. It likes Crosman Premiers and these are very consistent
    Did you have to shim your scope or was the POI still within the std sight picture?

Quote Originally Posted by Backblast View Post
    Hi all. Im considering getting a TX200 or Prosport and try my hand at longrange shooting. I recently caught the bug Im just wondering what caliber would be the best for extended distance plinking (50-100 yarders) with the occasional hunt 20 yard shots. Im more leaning towards 177 cal but I havent heard much about the .22 for these guns. Any inputs? Ive really been looking into a AA 410 for long range but the gear is tomuch to get into PCP for now so ill just pick up a quality springer for now I think.
    Hi Backblast, my main gun is a .22 Prosport and I shoot long range regularly at my local FT club (South Dorset).

The argument between .177 and .22 will go on forever, it really is down to personel preference. I bought the .22 because that's what I prefer.

I use a Nikko Target Master 6x24x56 with the FT reticule and AA Fields (51's) which after exhaustive testing of pellet brands seem to suit my barrel best.

I've got a 100yd mark on my side wheel (confirmed with club marshall's rangefinder) and have no trouble blasting tin cans out to 100yds. (let's not turn this thread into a flaming session, disbelievers welcome to come and visit) .

The Prosport is an excellent springer, ok it's top money in terms of spring power, but as you've mentioned it's still a cheaper option than the average pcp set-up. It's reliable, consistent, hold's it own very well against pcp's down at the club and will have no trouble with your 20yd hunting shots.

If you buy new expect to put at least 1000 pellets down the tube before it really starts to perform, straight out of the box mine was all over the place and it nearly went back for a refund. Now it's 'run in' I can honestly say it's the best springer I've ever owned.

The downside, in .22 you'll need a scope with a decent reticule to get any real accuracy across the entire range you mention (20yd hunting and 50-100yds target) .

I spent nearly as much again on the Nikko Target Master. That fat .22 trajectory whilst predictable will drop like a brick compared to the .177. Get a scope with as many aiming points as possible and learn them. Those mil dots and even half mildots that run out half way down the scope won't cut the mustard if you're shooting from 20 to 100yds in .22. With the price of such scopes nearly matching that of the rifle it's a hard choice between that and pcp

Best of luck which ever route you chose.
    Last edited by Switchblade; 11-10-2010 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Further info

Long Range or Lone Ranger

Hi, I normally shoot a HW100 at the FT club and also have a TX200 in 177, it is as consistent at 65 yds as the hw100. But I have noticed that it is easier with a high mag scope. I mean at least 24 x

Regards