Thread: Collecting - the agony!

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Collecting - the agony!

I have all - in fact too many - of the guns I have been interested in. However there are a few that I am 'sort-of' interested in but not desperate for.

These are ....

The Walther lever-action CO2
    The Kentucky BB gun
    An early HW85
    The Relum Tornado
    Webley Mk III
    Webley Omega
    ASI Statical
    ASI Paratrooper
    Weihrauch HW55
    Umarex Smith & Wesson 586
    Smith & Wesson .22 CO2 target pistol
    Schimel pistol
    Crosman 600 pistol

Then there are ones which I HAVE owned but sold on and wish I hadn't!

Feinwerkbau LP100
    Feinwerkbau 65
    Park RH91/93
    Weihrauch HW77K
    Weihrauch HW35 Export
    Crosman 766

But I have got the really choice ones in my cupboard already!

Collecting

Some guns once bought should never be sold, You've already mentioned one the HW35 Export, another is the HW55, one you want and well worth the wait and finally never sell a FWB Sport or your life will never be the same again.

Hi,

Damn it man, all this talk of fine guns leaves me feeling woefully inadequate because I only have 4 Gems at the minute...but looking at your list of regrets, I note that you too had an RH91/93...<sigh> ...me too, RH91W in .177, S/No 0711, lovely dark walnut stock. One of the very first to be made in .177, pre-ordered months before it actually arrived. I had cause to return it under warranty and ask them to date it with regard to where the .177s started. It was returned with a letter of provenance from Park/Gafac engineering stating that they could not say specifically at which serial number the .177s were introduced because there was no different sequence for calibres, but that .177 was introduce at around the 0700 mark so mine was early in the run...or words to that effect...so, as a gun came off the line, I assume it was stamped with the next serial number regardless of calibre??..anyway, it was a marvelous piece of engineering and a joy to shoot, very powerful and accurate, only downside was the weight but everything else more than made up for that little drawback. One of my top 3 all time favourites. and I wish I had it back
    blah blah

So what's in the cupboard?!

Fella‘s, Fella’s, Fella’s !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m so disappointed - where the backbone??
    Where’s the willpower?
    Where’s the determination?

Just say NO!!!
    “ Behind me Satan “ , or whoever your Bogey man is, “ I do not need that mint 3 barrelled Webley Service in an authorised Webley case @ £200:00. “

No, no, no, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam99 View Post
    Fella‘s, Fella’s, Fella’s !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m so disappointed - where the backbone??
    Where’s the willpower?
    Where’s the determination?

Just say NO!!!
    “ Behind me Satan “ , or whoever your Bogey man is, “ I do not need that mint 3 barrelled Webley Service in an authorised Webley case @ £200:00. “

No, no, no, no.
    'authorised case'

Yes, Binners , I understand your comment........

Sam

Bit of a short list It really does get out of hand and then the cupboard gets full Then you start selling things you shouldn't

After my wife issued an asbo on more rifles I'm down to less than 15 ones.

Now, if you could only keep one would you keep an Airsporter S or Centenary both mint both .177? (It has to sit between a HW35E, FWB127 and Original 45, Webley Omega). HELP.

hi all. as a collector of all types of guns, firearms, antiques,shotguns cannon etc,,for nearly forty years i can tell you that no amount of guns is enough ,you, like me are hooked. there is no escape so learn to enjoy your affliction.my collection is well over three figures now and i still want more..over the last year i gotten more into collecting old airguns and since joining this forum i have discovered many other addicts all willing to share their considerable expertise with me..some of the others on this thread regret selling some guns they have possesed.not me ..i still have 99% of everything i have ever bought and really liked[[ yes i really am that addicted ,sad aint it]] including the meteor my parents bought me for my 14th birthday....cheers all ..greasemonkey

There are loads of airguns I would love to have and a few keepers I will hold on to whatever happens, barring a total meltdown in my finances or threat of imprisonment. If I absolutely had to have five airguns in the cupboard and no more, they would be, in no particular order:

Falke 80/90
    FWB 124/127
    FWB 150/300/300S
    Pre-war BSA underlever in sporting pattern
    Webley Senior

If I was able to have five more they would be:

FWB 65
    Webley Mk2 Service
    Diana 60/65/66/75 match rifle
    HW55 Match
    Air Arms Pro Sport
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Just say NO!!!
    “ Behind me Satan “ , or whoever your Bogey man is, “ I do not need that mint twin barrelled Webley Mk.1 Rifle in original Webley box @ £200:00. “
    No, no, no, no.

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm

No, no, no, no.
    Well if you don't want said MKII Service, I'd gladly give my mother's gravestone and maybe even one of my own body parts for it
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Collecting disease

I probably should not have sold my Crosman 600...I will never sell my HW55MM....or my FWB300S Junior.....I should probably have stopped at 3 x Webley Mark 3 instead of going on to 5... Should have kept my mint BSA Superstar...etc etc.. Kept my Mark 4 Martini Henry hidden in the garage until I was able to sneak into a wardrobe....perhaps I should join guncollectors anonymous!

Mike95