Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How does this UBC thing work then?

How does this UBC thing work then?

Just been looking at the UBC website, From what I can gather its basically match shooting over t'internet. I must say looking at all the differant matches its abit confusing Can someone explain?
    Last edited by Hollowpoint; 04-02-2010 at 06:52 PM.
    hoplophobe

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    That's exactly what it is. We have comps for Practical Pistol shooting that replicates the type of shooting American Police officers use as training. You need a multi shot Co2 pistol for this, The Smith & Wesson 586 is a very popular choice. There are two bullseye comps, one for targets @ 6yds and another for targets @ 10mtrs. Also there is a Vintage Rifle & Pistol comp along with an Open Class rifle section. The latter is aimed at the budget type of air rifle, I'm sure you can figure those models out for yourself. There are fun sideshoots for a lot of the comps. These can be quite bizzare at times. In all of the above there are different classes to accomodate all types of pistols.

To join in all this fun follow this link http://umarexboysclubforum.myfinefor...r_about66.html

Look forward to seeing you in the comps.

ps we are having a two day meet this May at the Greyhound Club in Coventry. It's a great way to meet the other members.

ATB
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

So lets see if I have this right.

The very next match is a 6yd shoot on the 6th Feb, If i was to become a member and shoot this (is that allowed mid season?) I could enter 1 pistol in each category (ssp co2 spring pcp) There is two targets for each, 1 to be shot 1 handed and 1 to be shot 2 handed. Open sights only. Results to be submitted by the 14th Feb.
    hoplophobe

Quote Originally Posted by Hollowpoint View Post

The very next match is a 6yd shoot on the 6th Feb, If i was to become a member and shoot this (is that allowed mid season?) I could enter 1 pistol in each category (ssp co2 spring pcp) There is two targets for each, 1 to be shot 1 handed and 1 to be shot 2 handed. Open sights only. Results to be submitted by the 14th Feb.
    Spot on! There's no problem at all joining mid season & yes, you can enter 4 lots of scores, good innit
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55

Thanks Paul for the insight.

Yep the 6yd comp starts the 6th Feb (rd4 already ). Once you contacted Jason to become a member, you're welcome to join in.

You can use one pistol in each of the 4 categories. So you can shoot a maximum of 4 pistols. You have a week to submit your scores to me at ubc.competition@googlemail.com . Then I make all the scores public on the Sunday/Monday.

As Paul said there are other different competitions running within the weeks >Calender< & different >Rules< for each competition.

If you need any more help, just let us know.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Ok I might give it a go, if only to see how bad I am compared to everyone else

I only have a couple of pistols eligable for entry though. (When I say eligable I mean able to hit a barn door with.)

What are the rules on modded pistols? Say something like a modded 2240?
    hoplophobe

Ok I might give it a go, if only to see how bad I am compared to everyone else

I only have a couple of pistols eligable for entry though. (When I say eligable I mean able to hit a barn door with.)

What are the rules on modded pistols? Say something like a modded 2240?
    No rules as far as I'm aware. Unless you start winning too much
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55

I highly doubt that

I have a unfinished project ive been working on, if I had a reason to use it, it might spur me on to finish it.
    hoplophobe

Smile UBC Comps

I highly doubt that

I have a unfinished project ive been working on, if I had a reason to use it, it might spur me on to finish it.
    If you've not done pistol comps this is a good place to start as they vary in diffaculty and you can find a comp to suit you, good luck...mike...

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul55 View Post
    That's exactly what it is. We have comps for Practical Pistol shooting that replicates the type of shooting American Police officers use as training. You need a multi shot Co2 pistol for this, The Smith & Wesson 586 is a very popular choice. There are two bullseye comps, one for targets @ 6yds and another for targets @ 10mtrs. Also there is a Vintage Rifle & Pistol comp along with an Open Class rifle section. The latter is aimed at the budget type of air rifle, I'm sure you can figure those models out for yourself. There are fun sideshoots for a lot of the comps. These can be quite bizzare at times. In all of the above there are different classes to accomodate all types of pistols.

To join in all this fun follow this link http://umarexboysclubforum.myfinefor...r_about66.html

Look forward to seeing you in the comps.

ps we are having a two day meet this May at the Greyhound Club in Coventry. It's a great way to meet the other members.

ATB
    All summed up nice and neat in a nutshell.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

The Vintage pistol and rifle, Open rifle, and Police Pistol are on right now, and don't end until 2200 on the 7th.

Modded pistols are permitted.

Jim

"Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Hi Hollowpoint, to become a member e-mail me at membership@umarexboysclub.co.uk with a tagline like the ones found HERE and i'll sort it out for you.

I look forward to welcoming you as a member

Cookie
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Just say that you want to become a member: and you're a member! No initiation fee, dues, or paperwork. No SGC or FAC needed. No need to leave your home.

Just shoot, and turn in your scores.

If you can find a better deal than that: TAKE it!

Jim

Question Bizzare

Originally Posted by Paul55 View Post
    Whaddaya mean Bizzare?

Just remember we HAVE met you in person and I STILL have my reven.... Tribute target for March.

Jim D

PS If you decide to join Hollowpoint Welcome to the club.
    Globus magnus volvere
    trepidex mea non est!

Quote Originally Posted by Target Bunny View Post
    Whaddaya mean Bizzare?

Jim D
    Here you go Jim, from the Penguin English Dictionary:-

Bizarre: [bizaar] adj eccentric, odd, strange; grotesque, quaint.

I agree with Paul.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it