Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pheasants!

MacOne Guest
    : I don't like the taste of the Bu**Er's anyway [/QUOTE]

O I don't know. Get some good quality sausage meat, course ground chesnuts, a little sage and a dessert apple. Mix up you stuffing, ram it home and two rashers of good smoked streaky bacon over the breast. Roasted well and it will stay nice and moist. Wash down with a good pinot noir (not necessarily Burgandy too expensive) and droooollll My Christmas dinner. Beats a turkey any day.

Must agree with Richard though. Shooting Pheasants on someones eles land when there to control rabbits is somewhat taking the p***

vectra Guest
    The land is setaside farm land owned by myself only about 5 acres or so and not a bunny or shot gun shooter insight for years. My only reason for shooting a pheasant would be for eating purposes. And there is no pheasant farming in the area.

Toady Guest

Dumb pheasants

On our shoot one comes out to greet visitors! Besides our farmer likes them and so do we so they roam around and we dont shoot! Optomistic farmer did say deer damage his trees (thats what he is farming!!!-trees! so classified as pests) so when he saw my Storm suggested I took out a few - that will be the 338 Lapua magnum storm then!
    Oh well got to stiff the magpies that are harrassing his songbirds tommorow - and some rabbits

Vectra

If you're living at Histon, I reckon that those pheasants are moving around from one of two shoots just to the south of the A14. We see them fly over the A14 after some of the drives and just hope that they'll come back. They may not be pheasant farms, but the keeper is certainly stocking them and would not appreciate you knocking them off.

Cheers

Jo

sneaky beaky Guest
    O I don't know. Get some good quality sausage meat, course ground chesnuts, a little sage and a dessert apple. Mix up you stuffing, ram it home and two rashers of good smoked streaky bacon over the breast. Roasted well and it will stay nice and moist. Wash down with a good pinot noir (not necessarily Burgandy too expensive) and droooollll My Christmas dinner. Beats a turkey any day.

slurp! (hand wiping chin)... think ill join you on that one matey had a veggie crimbo dinner last year (g/friend) put my order in at the local g/butcher (better idea than loosing shoot)

Grumpy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardH
    More significantly people shooting pheasants (particularly roosting pheasants as posted above ) is one of the primary reasons we were forced to close our land to several people with air rifles who carried out rabbit control on our syndicate land.

Its exactly because of attitutes like that we closed all our land to airgunners, many of whom were entirely blameless but like always one or two bad apples spoiled it for all.

Richard
    I didn't say he was an "airgunner" - he was a Poacher!!!