Thread: HW 35 Vixen

HW 35 Vixen

Hi all

I am rebuilding my old Vixen because when I depress the 'safety catch' when the gun is cocked and ready to fire it releases my shot (like pullung the trigger) which is a bit worrying. Has anyone else had this problem? I have just put it all back together with new bits hopeing it would be OK (not a new piston or Rekord trigger) and I can't even get the piston to latch to the trigger mechanism. Is this a recognised problem or do I need membership of the local 'space cadet club'?
    john

trigger

hi there,
    have you checked the trigger adjustment,especially the small grub screw adjuster(not the one behind the trigger).you would have to take the action out of stock to get to it !.
    atb
    steve

Vixen

I'd check the screw in front of the trigger, With the trigger out, manually cock the trigger by pushing down on the sear, you can then see the trigger lever and sear lever engage in the little window at the rear of the unit and adjust accordingly. Also check the spring on the rear alloy adj screw is under tension and not broken.

I suspect that you may have to adjust the front screw to even to get the unit to cock. If you get stuck Protek Supplies in Sussex does a refurb service for reckord triggers for about 30 quid

Would agree with the above gents.....the HW Record trigger unit is pretty "bombproof" in my opinion...just needs setting up correctly.If you are unsure at all...get expert advice.

HW 35 Vixen

Thank you all for your help.

It turns out that the spring for the alloy screw behind the trigger is missing not allowing the sear to lock, I've ordered a new one!!
    Thanks for the tip Coburn!

John