Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1947 Hy-Score Target 800 new in box

Cool...that didn't last long:)

Blimey, Jim!...looks like you got your sale already!

Not being nosey chaps...but because I did think about this myself, I remembered that a chap on the BBS had a bit of a nightmare with customs when he tried to import a pistol from the states, although it did get through eventually...and I can't find the thread now, but this thread makes mention of the fact that it'll be a good idea for the seller to include (in the parcel) a recent signed and dated chrono report stating that the pistol is within UK legal limit of 6fpe.

Wish you both the best of luck with it
    Dave
    blah blah

Would any of the parties involved/interested in these Hy-Score pistols care to help out Dave Nemanic (aka 'ZVP') over on the Dianawerk Forum (http://www.network54.com/Forum/184474/), he's trying to build a 'Hy-Score' information base & would welcome ANY input whatsoever.

He's been unwell recently so doesn't get online so much lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Johnstone View Post
    Would any of the parties involved/interested in these Hy-Score pistols care to help out Dave Nemanic (aka 'ZVP') over on the Dianawerk Forum (http://www.network54.com/Forum/184474/), he's trying to build a 'Hy-Score' information base & would welcome ANY input whatsoever.

He's been unwell recently so doesn't get online so much lately.
    I too think that this Hy-Score should be recorded for reference to their first year of production for others trying to date their pistol.....I had problems researching the Hy-Score as there seems to be little info on a Google search especially in reference to this original 1947 style box. I do however feel it will be up to the new owner to give up the serial numbers if he wants to share those numbers....SOooo, I will have to leave that judgement for the new owner if he is willing to share that info.

Quote Originally Posted by DCL_dave View Post
    Blimey, Jim!...looks like you got your sale already!

Not being nosey chaps...but because I did think about this myself, I remembered that a chap on the BBS had a bit of a nightmare with customs when he tried to import a pistol from the states, although it did get through eventually...and I can't find the thread now, but this thread makes mention of the fact that it'll be a good idea for the seller to include (in the parcel) a recent signed and dated chrono report stating that the pistol is within UK legal limit of 6fpe.

Wish you both the best of luck with it
    Dave
    Dave,

I had a chance to read the thread you inserted, This may be a good idea to Post the Power...Any Ideas where to get that info or do you think the owners manual with that info in it is enough?....A little difference is this is a spring assisted opposed to the co2 maybe that will change things. Also beings in the original box with the original paperwork with the data on the pistol I think this will help determining this is not a weapon of mass destruction'''CUSTOMS hmmm!! I think we will be OK on this one based of its originallity with its identifiable paperwork and box.

FYI, when I was searching for a BB gun forum to list this Hy-Score for sale I stumbled accross this site and read a few threads...I thought man these guys seem to be pretty cool on this site, this seemed to me to be a proper place to list it for sale. I did not even realize till after I posted it I was on a British site "No wonder you guys are so kind" Not knocking the US in any form or way, but it does seem like our forums over here are harsher in responses...In conclusion this site really seems to have its act together and you folks seem to share a strong bond...Keep up the good work and this is a very good example of how forums should be..Excellant Representation for Your Country

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by jbnhillsboro View Post
    Not knocking the US in any form or way, but it does seem like our forums over here are harsher in responses...
    This one has it's moments I assure you But on the whole the good guys seem to far outnumber the bad....

Quote Originally Posted by jbnhillsboro View Post
    Dave,

I had a chance to read the thread you inserted, This may be a good idea to Post the Power...Any Ideas where to get that info or do you think the owners manual with that info in it is enough?....A little difference is this is a spring assisted opposed to the co2 maybe that will change things. Also beings in the original box with the original paperwork with the data on the pistol I think this will help determining this is not a weapon of mass destruction'''CUSTOMS hmmm!! I think we will be OK on this one based of its originallity with its identifiable paperwork and box.

FYI, when I was searching for a BB gun forum to list this Hy-Score for sale I stumbled accross this site and read a few threads...I thought man these guys seem to be pretty cool on this site, this seemed to me to be a proper place to list it for sale. I did not even realize till after I posted it I was on a British site "No wonder you guys are so kind" Not knocking the US in any form or way, but it does seem like our forums over here are harsher in responses...In conclusion this site really seems to have its act together and you folks seem to share a strong bond...Keep up the good work and this is a very good example of how forums should be..Excellent Representation for Your Country
    Hi Jim,

I assume that if you took the pistol into any local gun shop, that has access to a chrono, they'll be able to test it with known pellet weight and gauge it's power...so they'll be able to access it's power and sign a report, thus....(I don't know but I assume that it may cost you a few bucks???) you can include the report with the parcel to allay the fears of the UK Customs, should it be opened and perused en route!

Don't know what to say about t'other...other than, gurrover ya soft beggar! glad to help!......That's what this place - the best AG forum in the world!- is all about!

HTH,
    Dave
    Last edited by DCL_dave; 05-02-2010 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Group hug?...:D
    blah blah

Jim, it could be both US Customs & UK Customs, as I understand your Homeland Security boys have made some more changes recently, anyway I cant see a problem if the shipment includes a statement from you along the lines of...

Note to US/ UK Customs
    The enclosed article is a Vintage Collectable Air Pistol of the Gat/Toy type
    The shipment includes the original display carton, accessories & the pistol is inert (it has never been cocked, charged or loaded in any way).

It is a private sale between myself, Mr etc, etc and Mr etc.etc

[include your full address & the buyer's & sign it]

OK, so 'Gat/Toy type' is wrong but it steers them in the right direction .

(over here every boy had a Gat Gun but I think that usage might be different in the US).
    Best of luck (though you shouldn't need it).

..& in the highly unlikely event of 'martininferno' having to drop out I would buy this article (but not for myself & no international shipping would be involved ).

Smile Hyscore Pistol

Hi jim, pm sent

& very best wishes with it all, Martin .

(I have no wish, whatsoever to tread on your toes ).

That is the best example of a Hy-Score that I have ever seen. Well done on buying it.