Thread: Jackal Hi Power - spring required

Question Jackal Hi Power - spring required

Hi all

I am after a spring for a .177 Hi Power if anyone has one please but could you also advise me on how easy it is to replace one , looks simple enough to me but I will see if I can find an exploded view / diagram ! lol

many thanks

Dave
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Dave. Send a p-m to Pad. E, as if anyone can help here, he can . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    shurely Chambers has all the giblets for that particlar turkey ... ?

http://www.gunspares.co.uk/shopdispl...Mainsprings%2E

TS001 seems to have the Firepower in its chromesiliconevanadiam grasp innit? Although you could just try sticking a HW77 spring up it and see if she squeals.

Thanks chaps I'm on the case

atvb

Dave
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

imorik is offline I stick my head out and take it on the chin.
    Good strip down guide here, AA side levers are basically the same.

http://www.airgunforum.net/agf/index...c=4822&hl=SE90

Used one of these on my SE90, had to collapse a coil though to make it legal.

http://www.gunspares.co.uk/shopdispl...Mainsprings%2E

Can email a couple of diagrams if you want, let me know.
    Last edited by imorik; 05-02-2010 at 12:19 PM.
    AA TX200 MK2 .177, MK3 Barrel, long stroked & shortened T/P
    AA TX200 MK3 HC .177, 22mm internals, shortened T/P
    http://www.anstonftc.co.uk/

Hellppp

hey, can some1 help me out, i have a jackal, but its not been used for ages, and the spring has snaped! since hen i have moved on to airsoft instead of rifles, does anyone know if a bb will fit in the hole where the pellets are meant too go, and if there is a spring which will fit in the airrifle which will put out 400- 450 fps?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowhunter View Post
    hey, can some1 help me out, i have a jackal, but its not been used for ages, and the spring has snaped! since hen i have moved on to airsoft instead of rifles, does anyone know if a bb will fit in the hole where the pellets are meant too go, and if there is a spring which will fit in the airrifle which will put out 400- 450 fps?
    If your Jackal is a sidelever rifle then it is not a good idea to try to fire steel bbs in it, they will damage the rifling in the barrel and they will be a loose fit anyway. Why not stick to lead pellets?

Spring replacement is not difficult ... there is a link to instructions above ... but take care when reassembling the trigger as it can be a fiddle.

Cheers, Phil

not wishing to sound harsh but perhaps starting your own thread with an introduction to yourself and your question would be a better start than hijacking somebody elses thread?

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    This is an airgun forum for airgunners. I think you are suggesting using the Jackal as an airsoft rifle which is a bad idea and simply won't work. No skirmish site will let you use an air-rifle that has been converted to fire plastic 6mm BBs anyway.

I think your best way forward is to advertise the Jackal in the Collector's section for whatever you think it is worth, take the money and buy a suitable airsoft rifle for your purposes.

Jackal Strips

These are simple airguns but there are extreme difficulties - the main problem is the Trigger area .
    The whole rear end plug 'bolt' has to be removed and to do this you have to access it from underneath the action - up in between the trigger hosuing .
    FIRST - you have to remove the innards from out of the top of the Bolt - that are a/ a hex screw that holds down b/ a micro spring that pushes up against c/ steel pin - this is pushed up and down by contacting against the back of the trigger and gives some resistance to it in use . [ Memery fails me but a steel ball bearing is mixed up in there as well ]. Remove all parts from inside the hollow Bolt thru the top , remove ONLY the trigger blade ,from below -
    If you remove anything else you'll be in a whole world of hurt
    I used a round headed allen key , whacking it down on top of the bolt The metal is soft and will burr . One whallop is all thats needed . Multiple whacking will distort the Bolt head and on reassembly you will not be able to pass the steel trigger pin back thru ( use a small needle file like I did if this happens ) .
    In the earliest days Jackals were sold with a special tool - that screwed in from the top end , and ( somehow ) you pulled up on and the Bolt came out .
    The only way I managed it was from underneath . Make sure you have the action in a vice and a solid backstop covered in fabric etc to , or use a Sash Clamp .
    Keeping the sidelever attached will actually help stop the End Plug from flying off around the room .
    Once opened up its easy peasy .
    Last edited by Arch.Stanton?; 18-02-2010 at 07:06 PM.
    " WHEN YOU'RE GOING TO SHOOT - SHOOT , DON'T TALK ! "