Thread: How old is my HW77?

How old is my HW77?

My HW77K is the earlier 25mm piston size and I wonder if anyone can estimate it's age from the serial number:

thanks
    Ed - HW77 mk2 .22 + Vmach kit - HW80 mk1 .22 + Vmach kit - Webley Tempest 1979 -
    https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk

Thread moved to collectables because you'll get an answer more quickly there.

My 77 serial starts 1013 and is 1985.

1041261 was deliverd in 1987

cheers

Thanks
    Ed - HW77 mk2 .22 + Vmach kit - HW80 mk1 .22 + Vmach kit - Webley Tempest 1979 -
    https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk

I have one with 1032802 stamped on its barrel. I bought it brand new from a gunshop in Exeter in June 1986. I still have it and it still shoots like a dream. I have taken numerous hares with it, shot in the head and they just fall over. It ius sighted in for Bisley magnums or H&N Barracudas (same pellet). Supremely accurate even with just the old Nikko 4x32 on the top in a one piece mount. My lad posted a cloverleaf group of 5 the other day, OFFHAND at 35 yards. The heavy rifle stays put better than the modern, lightweight PCP. The recoil is actually comforting, you feel like you have shot a gun, instead of the fluffy feel of the PCP. For some reason, offhand shooting, both George and I can shoot better with the heavy springer than with the lightweight PCP. I have heard it should be th eother way round.

Send an e-mail to -info@weihrauch-sport.de.
    It was two weeks before I got a reply, but I got the info I wanted.

Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by Accuspell View Post
    I have one with 1032802 stamped on its barrel. I bought it brand new from a gunshop in Exeter in June 1986. I still have it and it still shoots like a dream. I have taken numerous hares with it, shot in the head and they just fall over. It ius sighted in for Bisley magnums or H&N Barracudas (same pellet). Supremely accurate even with just the old Nikko 4x32 on the top in a one piece mount. My lad posted a cloverleaf group of 5 the other day, OFFHAND at 35 yards. The heavy rifle stays put better than the modern, lightweight PCP. The recoil is actually comforting, you feel like you have shot a gun, instead of the fluffy feel of the PCP. For some reason, offhand shooting, both George and I can shoot better with the heavy springer than with the lightweight PCP. I have heard it should be th eother way round.

aye mine is a 177-k 1037060 still have mine to , and still i use it sometimes everyday also have other guns but the hw77 is my fav one

Mine is a bit more recent i think in .22 flavour. Serial number 1192315 any ideas on age?
    Thanks, Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    Mine is a bit more recent i think in .22 flavour. Serial number 1192315 any ideas on age?
    Thanks, Andy

hi, going by the the info seen on here i would say 1991.

cheers
    Daryl

Quote Originally Posted by Accuspell View Post
    I can shoot better with the heavy springer than with the lightweight PCP. I have heard it should be th eother way round.
    Try shooting accurately with a lightweight full power springer,
    not an easy thing to do with consistency.
    The HW77K is a cracking gun.

Quote Originally Posted by kevmar View Post
    Try shooting accurately with a lightweight full power springer,
    not an easy thing to do with consistency.
    The HW77K is a cracking gun.
    and weighs a ton,i picked one up the other week which needs a re-blue (serial num 1036521)i've never held one until then and with the 'jap' tasco 50mm it went well over 10lbs,it's in a bad way blue wise but god can it group well,i see why the gun has such a following and such a smooth cocking and fireing sequence

Thanks Daryl.I have emailed Weirauch for confirmation of date. 91 sounds about right though knowing the guns history.
    Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !